Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

More concept Drawings for my 99

Old 12-31-2004, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happy new year!

I am sure that some of you remember the first pair of drawings I submitted with regards to the custom bodykit I was going to work on for my tib...

Front

Rear

As it stands now, the rear view is not changing much.. I finally got a good mold off of the back bumper and I am starting to work in plaster to make a full size mockup of what I want the bumper to look like before I make another female mold and then the finished project.. The front though, always lacked. Since I also learned out to shape plexi, it opened up a lot of oppertunities for changing the lights around some..

so I give you this:

The turnsignals and headlights are one piece, with the turnsignal/marker being made from multiple pieces of plexi cut to fit and then sanded and finally polished smooth. The headlights are Hella units.. their 90mm modules. Availible in low, low with HID, high, high with HID, and a combination high and low and a combination high and low with HID.. the latter uses a movable cut off sheild. I am just using the low HIDs and the standard highbeams.. there is so little chance to use the brights (or main beams to you english speaking chaps) around here, it is almost not worth installing them at all.

Enjoy and have a happy and safe newyears!
Old 01-01-2005, 12:39 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998
Default Re: Two color Paint?

You sure are gifted!

Looks much better in the new one. Works great with the WingWest skirts!
Old 01-01-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: happy new year!

Yep, a very nice drawing. Can you do one for a RD2?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: More concept Drawings for my 99

mad, may i suggest something different from plexi?

acrylic
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...duct%5Fid=10477

lexan margard sheet(has a mar rating approaching glass) its expensive, so i reccomend getting some regular acrylic sheet to practice with first.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...oduct%5Fid=9948

regular polycarbonate
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...duct%5Fid=10718
Old 01-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Safe psi?

I will keep the Margard sheets in mind for when I do the outer covers for the headlights... the plexi I am talking about are the actual turnsignals and rear tails.. they will be protected BENEATH the Margard stuff, In this respect, you cut thin strips of the plexi to the shape you want, then by gluing them together you can form some VERY complex shapes. I am not talking about heating and shaping here, but actually cuting and sanding. It is like making a bowl from ever smaller circles, one stacked atop the other to form half a ball.. what is VERY cool about that, I can slide in a layer of smoked every-so-often and give the entire thing a tinted, "venetian blind" look

I have seen it done on hotrods.. done properly, it is amazing what you can actually do. And thank you all for the kind words, now if only I can get off my butt and get to work on it (after I am well), I never thought that plaster would be such a messy medium to work with.. at least it is easy to shape and if I screw up, very easily patched and started over again.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Safe psi?

I like it. The tails are slightly Supraish. I, personally, would go with a slightly higher spoiler. I'm going to get a Supra spoiler to fit later on once my performance done. If you don't like high spoilers, I've always thought the spoiler off of a GS-T or GSX would look awesome. Bleh, call me a ricer, I love slightly high spoilers on imports. lol.gif GREAT work though.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: FS- Blue Front corner light bulbs

nah.. not a spoiler as you would think... the muse for my Tibs spoiler is older than me... it comes from one of the rarest and most expensive Ferraris ever built...

the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO

Unfortunatly, because of the shape of the Tib I cannot go totally retro.. but the idea is there.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:24 PM

Default People hitting your car.

geez son, you have some crazy talent

good luck with that stuff
Old 01-01-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: My 99 Tiburon

Man, what do you do for a living? If anything, put that drawing skill to use.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Ugliest Tibs around

That looks really good Mad-Machine. I never knew you were so talented.

Good job. I really like those headlights, they way you have them drawn it looks like they are glaring at you. I think a car's personality relies heavily on the headlights/front bumper. And that looks hot!