Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Matiz Tuning in Korea

Old 05-21-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony
Default Matiz Tuning in Korea

Here are some things I got up to with my Matiz.

I have about 6 tools total, so mostly the soldering iron and the multimeter were used!

I put in Fog lamps, wired in a volt meter with temp gauge (digital), got some relays/switches from the wreckers, and did a bit of bodywork (incomplete as in Korea, there is no rust paint to be had, whatsoever - Waiting on a solution).

This car will be resold eventually, so I can't go crazy with changing the geometry, engine mods (albeit a CAI is in the works), or any drastic body mods.

That being said, behold! (For those of you who may know me, and expect something totally awesome, you have been fairly warned)

Basically it's just cosmetic stuff with a LOT of LED lights in places where they should be, some light up switches, and a tach. The GPS wiring was also lengthened and hidden under trim, and permanently integrated into the car's wiring.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...view=slideshow

This one is from a while ago with the old dash trim, and a crappy camera (since replaced)

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...view=slideshow

Future mods include a Matiz II cluster (has integrated dash lights for front/rear fog lamp indicator) if the harness is a plug in (should be), CF hood (if I can get one for cheap), LED bulbs for the external lights (1156/1157), and a Matiz II Centre console (MUCH cleaner and with TWO cupholders)

Other than that, just routine maintenance and fluid flushes. She's getting on with 82,000 KM (Bought with 75k).

I miss my Pony... But this FWD thing is pretty good to boot around in!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

The interior now looks like a spaceship, I like the ambience. Does it reflect too much during night driving?

I love the 3 cylinder engine note.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Matiz powa!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
The interior now looks like a spaceship, I like the ambience. Does it reflect too much during night driving?

I love the 3 cylinder engine note.

Yeah, it's a weird engine sound, but I actually like it. Kind of a rumble. All 51 Hp's worth!

The blue/red (so, purple?) light is on a sensor that turns on only at night. Since I have polished the plastic lenses (were sh*t) and installed fog lamps, the glare off the windshield is barely noticeable, let alone obstructive. If you turn all the lights off at night on a country road, then you can see it better - this is not a good idea for a variety of reasons though!

The interior lights (LEDS) actually poke through the panels and make very interesting patterns on the door panels.

Everyone who's been in the car loves the setup, especially the ladies!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

That is simply niesamowite! You should work in electrical engineering! I really love all the mods. Did you paint the dash yourself?

What is the digital temp gauge for? Engine temp? What does the tach show?

Love the sticker in the window!!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
That is simply niesamowite! You should work in electrical engineering! I really love all the mods. Did you paint the dash yourself?

What is the digital temp gauge for? Engine temp? What does the tach show?

Love the sticker in the window!!

The dash came out of a Matiz II painted this way ("BEST" and "SPORT" versions).Tach was eBay sourced (Korean version anyways). Temp gauge shows whatever temperature it is outside (or where you decide to stick the sender). Mine is stuck under the wiper cowling, as close to the vents as possible. It climbs steadily in traffic or in the sun (max. registered temp was 45 deg C)

The sticker came from Poland (my mom got it to me)

I'm going to make a bike roof rack adapter for the Matiz too, so I can cart around my bike (There's a nearby shop that has a welding machine and scrap metal) so I can take it to far away places and ride.