Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

King Side Skirt Install

Old 05-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is one more person on this site that has the king sides, but i don't know if im supposed to reviel it.

you coming down here for the ABQ BBQ thingy? can't wait to see the car done..

my car should be done by that time with the paint accents and stuff, so then we will both have turbo white beasts.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

NICE!!! I didnt know you had a white tibby! They are kinda rare in & of themselves. So, a secret king skirt brotha. wonder who that is?

yep, I'll be down for the bbq. Havent missed one yet!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

lol... Nate has a white car, but not a white tib. It's a white srt4
Old 05-31-2008, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

lookin' good Tom.

sure wished your gb would've gone through though, but at least you tried . fing02.gif
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Right on brother. Hats off for trying so hard for your fellow RD guys. You deserve to be one of the very few who have such a nice looking tib with rare parts. I hope it all turns out amazing, as it look like it will! Be proud man, you should be.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:14 PM

looks really nice
Old 06-08-2008, 11:03 PM

Thanks for all the comments everyone!!! Well, Im a sucka for someone calling me chicken! SO....I gave into peer pressure and decided to try molding the rear skirts on the bumper. Damn thats a lot of work!!! I hope it comes out the way I envision it!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i would definitely use some actual fiberglass on the molding. i don't know if just body filler will do the trick.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:27 AM

Well, I figured as long as the rear skirt is EXTREMELY well secured, via a shit load of HD 3M mounting tape and about 16 rivets, and 5 bolts, the bondo-glass should hold up. Its not straight bondo, which gets brittle. The bondo glass retains properties of actual fiberglass resin, just in a texture resembling bondo. It makes it a little easier to work with then simply resin which gets a little messy ddo to gravity. smile.gif It should be flexible enough that if there needs to be some flex, it should hold up just fine.

There is always the chance that it wont, and you can say I told you so and I will gladly owned.gif myself as well. lmao.gif But this is my first molding job, and this seemed like a good idea with a little less work involved.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, i see you used that fiberglass jelly stuff which is stronger. i ended up using that on my radio surround and just the bending from pulling it out and putting it back in a couple times has caused it to start cracking. just food for thought, the rear skirt looks high enough to the point it won't see any impacts.

i would consider using it on the sides when you mold them though. you can also get thicker resins which are stronger, and meant for things like this instead of sub boxes and stuff. much harder to work into the fiberglass sheets, but you can soak separate pieces on a piece of plastic and then apply them to where you need, then squeegee out the extra resin.

looks really good though, interested to see how it comes out.