Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Just Something Differently Done To My Car

Old 10-19-2007, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

i was thinking about doing the rar seat removal a couple weeks ago but didnt have time.. do you like it? i am getting a bar lke that so im glad you posted pics i can see how it would kinda look on mine.. still debating on wether to do it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 PM

strutbrace..... well, i look at it as the "im eventually going to get springs" mod. works ok around fast sweeping turns at about 40+ (although other may say it does more, not what i feel anyhow)

hobo day was an "alternative dress up day", it was homecoming week and we have dress up days..... which ALL SUCK, so we did hobo day, revenge of the nerds day, old skool day, goth/emo day, and Social prep day. (think 50's prep)

im never putting in my rear seats..... IDK where that came from. but yeah it will be one piece from the front of the rear seats to the tails. im thinking about relocating my battery and making a storage compartment in either the left or right rear seat. (think bass boat)
Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

2 seater is the only way for a tib to be. i cant really mess with anyone back there. people to just mess things up so its best to keep passengers to 1. cant wait to see whats next with this one man.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Not a fan of the box, but the spare, now that's a GOOD idea. I might have to do something like that...
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i forgot you had a shark wing. haha... you know what i think about those. shark wings look bad without a balance up front so with a lip it'll look hot!! that's the first thing i would do. just get a FG hood, you'll notice the difference in weight.

when i grow out my beard i definitely look like a hobo. except i look like a hobo everyday because it's a defense mechanism because i fit in with the crowd that way. dress ghetto, they think you're one of them fing02.gif
Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Oct 12 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i would NEVER do a fiberglass box if i wanted my subs to sound good though. fiberglass boxes are TERRIBLE for sound. they also look like shit in my opinion. i have never seen one i liked.

dtn, that spare rim grill idea.. eh.. sounds like a terrible idea.. lol</div>

You don't have much experience with fiberglass.

Fiberglass boxes sound just as good as wooden boxes. They can be made more or less sturdy then wooden boxes. Mine is quite a bit more sturdy, and would be nearly impossible to destroy. My fiberglassed subwoofer box sounds better then my old wooden box.

There's 3 types of speaker boxes, free air, ported, and sealed. Free air is the worst quality, but makes the sound travel farther outside the car. Ported makes for the loudest sound inside the car and is ok quality. Sealed are the best quality, but not the loudest. Sealed boxes are the easiest to make with fiberglass.

As long as you have the airspace proper and your mounting ring does not let air pass by, a sealed fiberglass box, made to the specs of a speaker will sound better then a random speaker box that you bought from the store. It will sound just as good as any box made to the specs of a speaker.

Fiberglass allows you to take up space that would usually go unused. Other then time spent, when done properly, fiberglass has nothing but positives.

The tire just looks out of place in the trunk. It's kinda there, taking up valuable real-estate. I would like to see something done to cover it, or something under it.

Minus the plexi spare tire cover and add a 80 LB tools/car maintenace bag. Thats the way I daily drive. If I did not have the subwoofer box fiberglassed, it would take up the entire trunk.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

fiberglass boxes will never sound as good as a well built MDF box.. why don't you go talk with someone at a respectable speaker shop and ask them. you don't always have to act like an expert in everything just cuz thats the way you decide to do it. yeah, if you have a plain wood box, or a prebuilt box, most likely not gonna sound as good.

if you make the MDF (not wood) right, fiberglass will not compare to the quality of sound..

the only reason to make a fiberglass box is to make it really flashy, or do what you did so you can utilize all your ricey space with capacitors, amps, LEDs, TVs and fire extinguishers, and so you could show off your plexiglass spare tire cover.

i don't know fiberglass? and you pulled that comment out of your ass because? you know my background with fiberglass how?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm just waiting for DTN to go one post in someone elses thread without posting a picture of his own car...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Socks look closely to your post compared to DTN's post. For one DTN's info is a whole lot better than saying something is terrible and saying something isn't going to sound good, because that's all you're doing. There is nothing technical in your post, nothing. Look at DTN's post, almost everything is technical. So just do us call it a night and stop aiming your bow.

All he's doing is giving some quality information, instead of saying go to a speaker shop. Just accept it. Easy tiger.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Caj Darkmoon @ Oct 20 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm just waiting for DTN to go one post in someone elses thread without posting a picture of his own car...</div>

I'm just waiting for you to post something useful in this thread. If you have no valuable input to this thread, don't post in it.

Warned for offtopic. smile.gif

Also, I don't know much about sub boxes or what not because I'd rather hear the motor and surrounding environment but here's an article I found. I don't know how legit it is but anyhow : click

Lets try and make a new topic on the discussion of fiberglass boxes or MDF boxes if you guys want to debate it more.