Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Just Something Differently Done To My Car

Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought i would do this..... and i kinda like it so far.

and my new rotors

(sorry i gotta crappy camera and it was BRIGHT outside

please make "differently" mods/admins
Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think it's the other way around, where slotted are not needed and drilled dissipate heat. but at least you have more surface so it's not like it would make a difference. i also heard drills get cracks so the better for you.

don't take this the wrong way there are some rules i go by. it's a good thing what you are doing--the car looks clean man but get rid of that box and mold a fiberglass mount! it's easy, take up less space, lightweight, and probably would take you 4 days to make. it's just me, but i never liked the plain space taking boxes, like the ones sold at Best Buy. it makes no fashion statement, has little purpose, and it is played out for 20 years now. it's just a box in a car, like a mouse lives in it or something. laugh.gif sorry man, its just i've always been keen on space, function, and purpose. maybe it's because i drive people to the airport all the time and used to make deliveries in my car.

everything else ++++, like the rims, the painted console, shifter. you need to get racing seats too. leather. yum. i also see you got rid of the rear seats completely and extended the floor, cool man.

through my eyes, i would have bought two speakers pointing up in the dips where the rear seats were and have them matched with the floor level. you would have two extra speakers. my ideal vision would be to keep the oem spare, cut a hole in the spare tire cover and buy a small but powerful subwoofer and pop it through like the seats. so altogether you would have a floor with two speakers and one subwoofer. that way you could still have factory room.

just a suggestion if you want to go the extra step. you would have to find the right parts though. the technology today is incredible so i would think you could find quality speakers/woofers small enough to fit anywhere. they're just not sold through stores anymore you have to research them and possibly pay a bit more.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

you should just cover the spare because it looks funky just showing. almost like a jeep or something by showing it. but yea put the cover on the rim and move your sub box over the rear tires so it adds a little weight the ass keep it planted more in the curves.

thats my opinion on it. otherwise good job, the rims look good and the 2 seater conversion is lookin sex
Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM

i have the 2 seater conversion. the rim is about a half inch above the floor(hence the cut out).

no racing seats, im looking for 200-01 celica seats to swap inside, and planning on a 4 point roll cage in about a month. so everything inside the car right now in temporary. as for fiberglassing, not my thing... and i know the box is just like BAM, but what are ya gunna do.. 02.gif

also the brakes where only slotted for the cracking reason you had mentioned, should be getting the NEX coil overs for Christmas from my parents smile.gif.

and please change my title as i have asked in post #1
Old 10-12-2007, 02:20 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If it were my car, and I had a spare rim.... I'd find a way to make the rim into a speaker grill. You could mold the fiberglass into the center of the rim and join that up to the floor. Lay some tape, then some plastic on the floor, Make a mold of the floor. Tape up the inside of the rim, then lay a plastic bag or two inside the rim and make a mold of that. Use fiberglass to join the two together, then cut the speaker circle out of your origonal square box and fiberglass that to the new molded speaker box. Dump some fiberglass resin inside of that and swish it around on all sides to make it nice and sealed. Then put the new box into the trunk, mount the speaker, put on the spare tire. I think that would be the most efficient use of space, not to mention be a VERY attractive and well protected speaker.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

all sounds great. the rollcage too. i really want one just for the safety, but here's the thing about rollcages. you will add like 60lbs and make your car even slower. there's hardly a point. well that and all of the people on this forum, as plainly put as possible, have a vulnerability to get absolutely creamored by a heavy duty vehicle.

have you ever got your hands wet with fiberglass? it's fun, it's like modelling clay that dries really quick. i'm not referring to all those "shiney custom fiberglass car show whacko neon colored setups". i'm talking about making the shape and molding it into a panel, painting it black, then covering it with fabric to match the trunk. basically it would look like it came with the car from the factory. anyone without experience can do it, and come up with something nice in a matter of days. it's as easy as putting legos together. here's how my rd1 converted rd2 din turned out:

nice and clean and looks stock.

celica seats would be a creative idea and save you money. definitely post some pictures up when you get them. have you thought about corbeau or sparco rally seats? they are equally as comfortable.

just throwing ideas out your way.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Banned

not a fan of that look.. and it site about 2" above the floor.. way more than 1/2". the whole rim mounted to floor look could possibly be pulled off without that hideous bungie cord sitting there, and if you made that spare tire piece and rest of carpet one piece instead of the two, with cutout.

your speaker box.. terrible.. lol seriously though.. pointing straight up is not very good for acoustics.

i would NEVER do a fiberglass box if i wanted my subs to sound good though. fiberglass boxes are TERRIBLE for sound. they also look like shit in my opinion. i have never seen one i liked.

dtn, that spare rim grill idea.. eh.. sounds like a terrible idea.. lol

if your wanting to build your boxes for show and to sound like poop, make a fiberglass box, but if you want it to sound good, go with mdf. but jeromy, get a better box than that.. please

about the roll cage being 60 lbs and making the car slower. heres my thoughts.. the rigidity of the roll cage would out weigh the .06 in the 1/4 mile that you would lose. with a welded in roll cage, if you were worried about weight, you could cut alot of excess crap out of the car. but that 60lbs would make your car more rigid than any set of strut bars could do.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 PM

the box is bad i know... lol, oh and its hitting the window so its still working.

an idea i have is to make the WHOLE back half ONE piece of board. raised up about 2" from stock. its relatively inexpensive and it would really help my cars inside flow... this owuld have to wait for the cage (don't wanna re cut the whole thing again)

DTN, your idea... eww. it would remind me of the boxes with Dah tight spinnahs as guards.. haha, i like the creativity in the thought though.

also on the sparco/recaro, i would agree that they would be equally as comfortable and less weight.... but 400 for 2 WELL MADE OEM buckets is better than dropping a few pounds and getting that race look for like 1,500..... im in high school dew, i cant afford that haha.

and the roll cage is for SAFETY reasons more so than performance. but with he NEX coilovers paired with a stiff chassis will be very good for back road fun.

and finally HKC, i LOVE that piece you have there. I'v never messed with FG before and i dont know if it would be a good idea with me... mayeb though maybe.

p.s. nate, the cord is temp till i got to Ace and pickup a longer threaded screw for the OEM piece to fit into.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 PM

update, 60-70 lbs less in my trunk, still waiting on the cage idea to do the Two Seater Conversion v2.0(one pice from rear seats to taillights raised 2" from stock for the after market 205/40/17 rim in the OEM donut compartment.

and some randoms

ow many of yu guys/gals had Hobo day at your school? yeah... im in the green hat

Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i think the floor will look good when you raise it to make it all level. but i wouldnt keep any rear seats if you do the 2 seater conversion.

i dont so much care for hobo day, seem more like pokin fun of the poor. but as long as it was all in good fun i'm sure everyone had a great time.