Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

It's Could Very Well Be Gone..

Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blue booked it it's value was around 1.5..well actually 1.3k but i figure it's more around 1.5
Old 11-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

Ya i dont think its totalled i repaired a civic for a customer that was way worce then that . I ended up doing a new fron core support, radiator, fans, fenders, projector headlights, clear corners, carbon fiber hood and body kit for the car for and some extras the girls insurance paid for it to. So I think you can get that fixed
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 AM

if they total it out... buy it back... CHEAP. then use it as a straight up mod car or something, then buy a cheap daily driver... thats what i'd do
Old 11-30-2005, 10:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyper25 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ya i dont think its totalled i repaired a civic for a customer that was way worce then that . I ended up doing a new fron core support, radiator, fans, fenders, projector headlights, clear corners, carbon fiber hood and body kit for the car for and some extras the girls insurance paid for it to. So I think you can get that fixed</div>
was the car worth 1 grand?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

dude my car got side swiped and there was literaly just scratches in the paint they wanted to total it.

there going to give u three options: u can total it let them have it, u can total it and buy it back with a salvage title, or u can fix it yourself. thats your options its not worth a grand its more like 2700. just remember parts are cheap its just the labor but if u do the labor yourself it will be cheap.

also if the adjuster takes pics and u remove stuff after he can take u to court and sew. even though u just bought tires and are new its apart of the car they wont reinburse.

your best bet would be to just fix it and leave the insurance out of it.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:31 PM

Dude, i'm not an idiot. it is my car and i know what is done to it inside and out. what you can't see is the NUMEROUS deep scratches dents and the roof is coverd in acid rain damage and the clear coat on the spoiler is gone along with a cut in the rear bumper. (all taken into account with apprasial)

engine isn't 100% only cause of age, and the tranny has some grinds in it. it has 112400 on the odometer, not exactly good to have on a 97 hyundai when already the resale value on them is bad.

i blue booked the car and i got $1,450 (worst case apprasial of the car). i assume the car might get appraised more since i had it waxed and looking nice and clean all around. talking to the people, at allstate and other places, i will more than likely get to keep my speakers and possibly the cd player (not a big deal it's old and has some problems of it's own.)
Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that sucks man... that's not too bad though. i say go to court and tell them the mercury guy should pay for that sh*t.

this sh*t almost happened to me when i was driving. ome asstard slammed on his brakes and if i did i would have gone straight into him going 60mph and the guy in back of me would have hit me. nowhere to go, not right, not left. instead, i waited for the last millesecond and turned left into the truck coming at me!!! i swore it was instant collision and i was phucked. god was with me that day, instead i clipped the truck and the truck didn't even know it. my 100% real imported F2 EVO Bumper--nothing after i wiped the nasty rubber mark off. After that, I drove into the nearest garage and sat there to catch some breath, i was shivering from fright.

If there's nothing you could have done to prevent it, go to court and get the guys insurance to pay for it. fight it, don't be a fool!!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:53 PM

well

it's <span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">Totaled</span>

and for thsoe that doubted me saying it was totalled. you guys are out of line, i know my car, and there is no need to question my ideas.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

so..any word on you being able to take anything off the car?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, our cars total easy since they are expensive to fix (hard to find used body parts) and cheap.