Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Its back...

Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Its back...

From..

To..

Just took them a month to do it.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Wow

I honestly thought that this would have been a write off, with that kind of structural prang. Good show all round.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

$11,800 was the total bill. It had to get over $14,000 to total it out. So I got new paint, a new rear drivers side section from a baby blue genesis, and exhaust Not happy with the fact it needed that sort of work done, but the back suspension was undamaged and the fact I was able to get a little something out of it made it less irritating overall.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by WytchDctr
made it less irritating overall.

until you go to sell it or trade it in and find out the car is worth considerably less now that it has been in a major accident and repaired. I would have tried my hardest to get them to write it off. A car that has had that much damage repaired will never be the same.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

How does it drive? They say your car never runs the same way after a big accident.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

It didn't get close enough and that 14k marker was my insurance dropping the percentage of cash value due to its salvage value. I tried to get them to let it go. The other insurance wanted to put even less money into the car and had a bit higher total value they wanted to see. I don't think it was worth going into a court battle over especially since I just put a good bit of money into the tires and I was never going to see that back.

I am going after them for the decreased value now. That might be worth the fight since USAA is helping me. To be honest... I have no intention of letting it go. I will now.. finally.. let go of the XD that I still have outside collecting dust. So unless something happens that forces me out of it.. meh. However I am going to try and get compensated for that due to the DWI behind the cause of the impact. Then put that money back into the car, pay it down some in the event I do have to trade it in.

As far as driving. The damage stopped short of any suspension parts in the rear. It was mostly cosmetic other than a tie rod I had already knocked the piss out of dodging the SUV seizure guy, the tire getting torn up (replaced), and the muffler being smashed up (now with the axleback seen in the pictures). So its driving the exact same as before, but it sounds a bit different.

So will that back taillight and bumper ever be the same, probably not.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Sounds like you get attached to them like I do.

Always nice to have your own car back. Congrats.