Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Interior Pics....almost done

Old 02-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, what the hell did you do????? It looks like you even got paint on the windshield.And neon tubes should be placed in a way that you cannot see the tube.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:12 PM

well..I didnt paint them the same because if you look at the left door panel..the blue flows perfectly into the dash...but if I did that on the right door...it wouldnt flow anywhere...so what I did was paint the right door completely opposite..and now the white flows nicely. If you look at the pics and analyze them..youll see what im talking about.

OK first..about the vents...I took the door panels completely apart...so they came out as well..and i simply sprayed em down...with the vents in the dash...same story....the courtesy light...although I didnt bother to plug them back in...when they are...they have a blueish tint bc I didnt smother them in paint...just enough to get rid of the red...and now for my critics...first of all..yes I got it on the windshield simply because it was a pita to paint the upper dash...I just havent gotten around to scraping it all off with a razor...its been cold out and I dont feel like sitting out there just yet....and the neons...well...I wanted as much blue light as possible..but there arent really that many places to hide them without drilling holes all over and stuff..I have one mounted on the lower dash by my legs, one on the left of the passengers compartment...ull see it.., 2 other 15" neons I have to replace bc they are in the way...a little 9" neon I have to move as well..and a big 36"mounted to the ceiling just behind the sunroof....when I have them all in place Ill take a pic at night and show you how it looks..
Old 02-09-2005, 03:19 PM

I wonder how it would look with a black light..
Old 02-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

looks good....

keep the white clean though! lol
Old 02-09-2005, 03:31 PM

WTF is wrong with you people that are commending this guy??? His car literally looks ready for the junk yard! It seriously is the most terrible DIY I've ever seen.I'm sorry dude, but you have ALOT of learning to do.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:35 PM

and btw..Id love to know who wrote the rulebook on placing neon tubes in your car.If you want the interior of your car illuminated with blue light...you obviously cant hide the tube...otherwise you wont get the desired amount of light..since my interior is mainly white with blue accents...for some reason at night with the neons on the blue appears to glow..and I found that it looks really good...so Ive added a few more neons to help accentuate the blue in my dash and door panels...
Old 02-09-2005, 03:37 PM

Neon placement is the LEAST of your problems,LOL!! But, if you were smart,you'd put them up under the dash so all you see is light.And yes, you do see pleanty of light shinning out from under there.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

how did you get an even coat of blue even on the inside runners in the vent? on all sides? mine don't look very good..you should take a close up pic of them
Old 02-09-2005, 03:47 PM

first about the neons...if you place them under the dash how are they going to illuminate the dash?..now the vents...first..you hold the vent at one angle..and spray a thin coat on the runners at that particular angle...then you rotate..and do the same thing from every angle...let it dry..and continue until you have an even coat on all sides...if you want a fool-proof way...just spray the runners at one angle and let them dry...then rotate..so they dont run at all..but if you spray a thin coat it shouldnt run....I did them all at once and mine turned out fine.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2. Everyone has the right to there own opinion. If someone doesn't like how your car looks, they have the right to say it. However, personal flames are not tolerated.</div>

CONS : I'm not a big fan of your interior, it looks to ricey for my tastes, and the random meter lengh neon tubes in your car add more to the ricey appearance.

PROS : It seems like you did a good job on the painting.