Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I'm Buying A Another Tib!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The current owner has aggreed to hold it for me. Originally he was going to sell it and buy a new car, but he wants to hold onto it for a few more months to save some more. I can't blame him in the least...

1999 base model, Dark Forest Green, Manual Trans, 90,000 miles.. all for $3000.

Car is immaculate, especially considering it is right outside of NYC on the Jersey side. Save for a lack of Cruise Control and an all black dash (mine had the bronze colour) it is JUST like my old tib
Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

YYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Oh my god i am thrilled!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, It's about time.

I know it's in immaculate condition, but don't stop searching. When I bought my car it had to be the top of the line, leather, sunroof and all. It had to be either white, red, or black. Those are the only colors I love, and my beloved red just takes me over because I first fell in love with Vipers and Ferraris.

I'd suggest to wait until you find one with everything, a sunroof, leather and all. Mine cost $3,000, $81,000 fully equipped after a slight ding in the rear panel. Although it was Automatic, the car was immaculate as well, I couldn't pass it up. Next thing you know I got my Auto swapped to a 5 speed and now everything is dandy, I LOVE my car everyday. Damn Hyundai for making me throw my money around!!!!!

You know once you get this, you have a long list of additions. I know you already know you'll only be happy but these cars have a good racing history, and they are a treat to the eye. The age barely shows, as they were ahead of their time. There is a shop down the street from me that makes bumper moldings, but I'm afraid I don't have any money or a job anymore... Maybe you can find an F2 bumper somewhere.

Way to go.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

congrats dude. i remember when i came back to the hyundai scene after my first one got totaled. it felt great...

then i realized the tib i bought was a piece of shit. haha. i need a replacement one SOON
Old 11-29-2007, 06:00 PM

HKC, leather and sunroof are two things that do not interest me with this car. I generally do not like leather, especially since I do not use air conditioning. I prefer not to sweat on a hot leather seat in the summer.

And while I do like the sunroof in my Bimmer, I do not care for how the mechanism works on the tib. The way it rises up over the roof just seems to be begging to get damaged or worse. If it slid back into the roof my my Ti, I would like it a lot more.

For that those that want to know, I am NOT getting rid of my bimmer. I just need two cars in case something happens to one or I feel like taking one off of the road to do something to it. Even if my fiat was up and running it would not qualify, as it will never be something I could drive on a day to day basis without worrying about it constantly.

besides, I still have unresolved plans from my last 99 that I want to get done, things that sit way out there off of everyone's usual map of how to modifiy one of these cars. My one year foray into the BMW world only intensified that interest (and gave me new ideas too)
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i have to agree, the mechanism isn't great. i do have waves in my roof from the sunroof rails hopping on big bumps. i think that came from when i had my curb misfortune. otherwise i've never had a problem with the motor, and it's never leaked. the only reason i had to have one was because of florida. it's great when you're cruising 85, can't have your windows open from the wind and don't want to use A/C, my parents have favored this as well.

tibbychick did mention a lot of rust in there though. that's something i have to find out when i clean it. tiburons do look great without sunroofs as well. it just adds to the smootheness, much like the roof of a viper.

well, good luck! it'll be nice to see your good work back in action. least you can store it in the garage for a while longer until the BMW starts aging. you can slow that down by trading off cars. you know i'm also hoping you get that Fiat back on the road.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 AM

that is one of the reasons I am getting it. The Bimmer needs some work.. enough to take it off the road for a few weeks. I found a nice spot of rust on the passengerside floor from the accident repair somebody did LONG before I got the car. I will need to cut that out and weld in a new panal.

She also is going to need a clutch soon, so I want to do the six speed swap, and she needs a new coat of paint BADLY.

Then I can see about working up the Tib after I get that work done to the Bimmer.

As for the Fiat, I have her down to almost a bare shell. Still has her suspension and wiring harness, but those will be out very shortly. Once I get that done, she is going on a rotisserie so I can get at the three small rust spots the car has, then I can weld in the new rear suspension (donated by a dead BMW) and then comes the fun part.

I have a VQ35 and six speed from a 350Z waiting to go in. I have exactly an inch to spare between the top of the intake and the bottom of the hood.. just imagine, 2000 pound sports car with 300hp.. that is up in the supercar leage of power to weight ratios
Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Bout damned time, I was just starting a thread with a poll to have you fired.

cool.gif drillsergeant.gif
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Now you know you cannot get rid of me that easily. I am like a bad penny, I just keep turning up.

One of the reasons I have taken so long though, I did want one just like my old tib. Not many 99s came in that dark forest green, even fewer with a five speed. Seems everyone I have found in the past few months has been an auto.

Yes, I am just too damn picky for my own good
Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

It was about time MJ to see you running Tib again. Can't wait for the first "real pics" and mods of course hail.gif
Old 11-30-2007, 03:39 PM

well, first mods will the 1.8 intake cam and an underdrive crank pulley. The car has never had it's timing belt done, so it will be the perfect time to do them