Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I Need Some Opinions

Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, you can spend 600 bucks on rice or power. are you wanting a show car? are you wanting a fun powerful 4cyl.? are you wanting to be in fast an furious 4?

do you really need an alarm? is the area your in cause you to worry?

if you have a stereo system, i would recommend window tints? it looks HAWTT, and people wont be able to see your stereo as good..

those rims look disgusting, IMO.

if your ricey, with 400 left over from tints, you can get all the wireloom you could dream of, cheap racing seats, ricer steering wheel, window washer lights, etc.

if you want performance, after the tints (cuz itll serve a purpose for ur system) get AEM CAI, 1.8L cam, OBX header, strait thru muffler.

then save for custom catback. from those mods (including catback) youll have a nice performance gain for the price.

if you want a show car, get a erebuni body kit or something.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Jul 23 2006, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>$600?
$350 for the wheels
$300 for the tires
$100 for mounting and balancing

.. that leaves you with NEGATIVE $150...LOL.

If it was me, I'd spend $200 on an AEM CAI, and the other $400 on a header and full custom exhaust system with magnaflow muffler, 30" glasspack, and magnaflow muffler.</div>
^^^ the whole I/H/E setup will also be over $600
OR are you saying $400 TOTAL for the h/e?

REMOVED....

actually get AEM cold air intake
OBX headers--who cares if people say they buzz. id rather save 300 for a lil buzzing
then get 2.5 exhaust with magnaflow muffler
Old 07-25-2006, 07:58 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jul 24 2006, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you want performance, after the tints (cuz itll serve a purpose for ur system) get AEM CAI, 1.8L cam, OBX header, strait thru muffler.

then save for custom catback. from those mods (including catback) youll have a nice performance gain for the price.</div>

3 questions

1. does that 1.8cam provide more power for me at highway speeds?

2. i already have the cat section from a friends old exhaust would it be wise to use that with a new muffler and have someone bendpipe? or should i save and just get it all brand new and not messwith it now

3. arent straight through mufflers those loud and buzzy exhausts??
Old 07-25-2006, 08:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

For the exhaust make sure its mandrel bent. Straight through muff is just a glass pack. It may buzz depending on the rest of your exhaust (mine doesnt). Yea depending on your revs it provides more power, maybe save for a bigger cam instead though. You could just get a motoria catback if you want its all mandrel bent and the quality is pretty good.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

what kind of bigger cam should i look for in the future? how do i know what it is im looking for? what i want is when i get to about 3500+ i get a good increase in power enough to feel the diffrence in the money i spent on the cam
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

for cams, most people go with a cam from the 1.8L unless you've heavily built the engine and need something better.

I would look at ROTA rims on machiii.net... decent rims and very cheap.

but with $600, I'd get an AEM intake and headers... then pay a custom exhaust shop $75-100 or so for a 2 1/4" cat-back exhaust
Old 07-31-2006, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

If you price shop..

$175 for an AEM CAI
$175 for OBX headers
$50 for a good Magnaflow muffler
$200 for a shop to make a custom exhaust (since you're providing the muffler)
and I guess spend the extra $30 (total now is $630) for a hi-flow cat to make it legal.

Dude, why are you going to waste money on just a muffler? That is rediculous, you're going to spend about $50 on the muffler and $25 getting it welded on, so $75 for the sound? That's STUPID. Get some power on your tib...i/h/e makes the car soo fun to drive.

I wouldn't waste your time with any bolt-ons other than i/h/e right away, you see the most gains for the least amount of money with these three mods. The 1.8 cam won't show you as many gains as headers will, and a pair of headers only cost about $25 more.

Either save your money and get some NICE and LIGHTWEIGHT wheels + tires, or get I/H/E...you'll seriously love driving afterwards. trust me