Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I Need Some Opinions

Old 07-23-2006, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i just got this check from where a guy rearended me and i got 600 to throw at the tib. i was thinkin either these rims and a new 2way alarm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SportMax-96...1QQcmdZViewItem
they would go on my blue rd2

does anyoen else have a good suggestion on how to spend 600 on the tib??
i dont have anything done accept for my stereo so anything is a good investment. let me hear what u guys think
Old 07-23-2006, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Those wheels are pretty cheap. They are probally heavy or going to bend. Go with a AEM CAI and if you really want to get wheels the rest should be enough to get nice 15s.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ya im not liking those wheels really. Are you going for mostly show or looking for some power? you could get some headers and an intake or you could go with a cf hood. the alarm is a good investment either way though. for wheels, i would prefer something different but if you like how they look dont let anyone talk you into not getting them.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Super deep dish rims on the back, when you have a front wheel drive car might look good to people who dont know that you have a FWD car....but for most people....they would probably just laugh. Bronze or gold rims are not bad looking, but that particular design....I dont know....something about it I dont think will look that great on your car. Maybe someone can do a photochop so you have a better idea. smile.gif
Old 07-23-2006, 01:39 PM

I always feel the deep wheels look smaller than normal ones. But hey, if you like it, why not. Dunno about the quality on these though, never heard of them. But that didn't stop me, no-one ever heard about my wheels neither, but hey where about 1000 euros incl. tires. And that was already cheap normally they cost about 1300 (you gotta know people).

If you have a good stereo I would go for a good security system no mather what else you buy. Wouldn't want anyone breaking into your car for your stereo.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (visionz @ Jul 23 2006, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Super deep dish rims on the back, when you have a front wheel drive car might look good to people who dont know that you have a FWD car....but for most people....they would probably just laugh. Bronze or gold rims are not bad looking, but that particular design....I dont know....something about it I dont think will look that great on your car. Maybe someone can do a photochop so you have a better idea. smile.gif</div>

You know... its funny to me.... people think they know about the laws of physics when it comes to suspension, about how "WEIRD" it is or would be to have wider wheels in the rear of a front wheel drive car.
let me fill you yall in a lil on how a front wheel drive car works...

Asuming anyone here have ever autocrossed....bracket raced ... curcuit... what ever... in a front wheel drive car, you'll know that WE ALL suffer from understeer... i dont car if you drive a HONDA... or a pinto... all front wheel drive cars experience it. Does anyone know methods of eliminated understeer??
Well one has to do with the width of you tires... front vs. rear... front wheel drive cars get there power front front wheels and steer with them as well which means theres a hell of alot going on in the front of the car for and not much room for improvement as far a weight transfer... which brings me to my final point...if a person where to stagger their wheels on a front wheel drive car... it would lower the cars center of gravity, giving the rear more weight to handle helping the front not take so much of the load.... so under hard turning and a high rate of speed, insteed of understeering the vehicle you would experience oversteer... or too much steering ... which is easier to say the lease to control than the other.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:52 PM

those rims are hot!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

$600?
$350 for the wheels
$300 for the tires
$100 for mounting and balancing

.. that leaves you with NEGATIVE $150...LOL.

Also, I'd look for some light weight wheels.

In general, if you're looking for a quality wheel/tire combo, expect to pay about $800-1300 after everything's all said and done.

If it was me, I'd spend $200 on an AEM CAI, and the other $400 on a header and full custom exhaust system with magnaflow muffler, 30" glasspack, and magnaflow muffler. OR the wheels, but as I stated you're not going to cover rims/tires/mounting/balancing for $600.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NightShark @ Jul 24 2006, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>those rims are hot!!!</div>

I agree...

I like the look of deep dished rims with big rubber.

What colour were you going for? I personally like the black model.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well yea i think i'm actually going to go for a alarm and get just a muffler section. i was thinking just the muffler because i really just want the sound and i'm not so much worried about how much power gain i would get( which im assuming isnt very much )