Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I Customized My Car

Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I should have been paying more attention. We were stopped at a stop light. I saw the driver in front of me take off her brakes and I started moving. She slammed back on her brakes when I looked down to adjust my stereo. This is what less then 10MPH can do to a tib.

I look at this as an excuse to upgrade my car. I'll do all the work myself at my local auto shop where they let me work for $3.50 /hour on a lift.

So, now, my full coverage insurance will pay for the damage. I'm awaiting a quote currently. here's the list of what I can see is going to need to be replaced.

Misc hardware
$100

Stock Radiator fans
http://cgi.ebay.com/97-98-99-00-01-Hyundai...VQQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/97-98-99-00-01-Hyundai...VQQcmdZViewItem
$150

Carbon Fiber Hood: link updated
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...5QQcmdZViewItem
$600

new Headlamps
http://cgi.ebay.com/00-01-Hyundai-Tiburon-...1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/00-01-Hyundai-Tiburon-...1QQcmdZViewItem
$350

new Radiator: Link updated
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...5QQcmdZViewItem

$110
--------
~$1300

Option1 back to stock: Bumper cover + painting ~$600
-------
~$1800

Option2 upgrade: Full Cuda 2/invader body kit + painting ~ $1200
-------
~$2500

I like the look of the invader kit, but the Cuda 2 would be more functional as it stands taller then the invader. I'm kinda tossed up. I know I should go veilside instead of invader, but I probly won't as it costs alot more and I'm going to order these parts under my own cash until I get reembursed by the insurance company.

I need a new radiator support. The piece that joins from one side to the other and at the bottom as well. I guess I'd look at a junk yard right? I don't know about how much this will cost for parts and welding. Can I get some ideas?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's a sign from god, he wants you to stop ricing your car with racing stripes.

LOL

Now, let me look at your list.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM

is that all your coolant leaking on the ground there?

And, join the club, been there done that x 10 million.

It's a relatively cheap and easy fix, depending on how creative you are.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
DTN

It's really kinda funny, the ford in front of me had NO damage noticable, not even scratches that I could see. I didn't inspect closely though. I just utilized my car's front hood, headlamp, and radiator crumple zone... The bumper, fender, body and engine look to be fine aside from melted radiator fan plastic on my headers.

How much do you think this will be apraised at? I don't know for sure... $1000 for a stock hood, $800 for stock headlamps, $600 for a stock bumper cover $200 for a radiator, $100 for fans, painting, labor.. 'm thinking $4000 in damage... Does that sound right?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 PM

Well, if you get lucky they may just end up totaling it. My black tib was totaled twice, lol. $4000 sounds about right, but it may be less since the fenders are ok.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

at first i thought it was a little car inside the tib i felt owned.gif

i remember when i got fvck up my front bad...the insurance company paid almost 4,500 grand to fix it...

you should come out good and still have money left over cuz you are doing all the work
Old 06-10-2008, 06:17 PM

1. If you are going to upgrade, upgrade your Radiator, the stock one is ugly man, get a koyo! The radiator you have linked to looks a LOT like a headlight. Kinda cool.

2. OEM CF hood? Bleh. Come on man!

3. Upgrade those fans!

4. Don't go with a bodykit, if I respect you for anything, it's for keeping a stockish looking car from the outside. Put a GT lip on that bish.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 PM

I agree on the koyo rad..if you have to change it, might as well upgrade.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Jun 10 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1. If you are going to upgrade, upgrade your Radiator, the stock one is ugly man, get a koyo! The radiator you have linked to looks a LOT like a headlight. Kinda cool.

2. OEM CF hood? Bleh. Come on man!

3. Upgrade those fans!

4. Don't go with a bodykit, if I respect you for anything, it's for keeping a stockish looking car from the outside. Put a GT lip on that bish.</div>

Please give me some good links to work with. I don't know what will work and what won't. I'm a hobbyist mechanic. I'm a medical equipment repairer, I can calibrate and maintain just about anything with specialty tools or parts. I can design, build and troubleshoot electrical components. I can do plumbing, work on air conditioning systems, and just about everything else you can think of. I do mechanics as a hobby. I don't know much about aftermarket radiators, fans, or welding. If you could get me a good low priced link that would work it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll look around for a better hood. I'd like to get a scoote hood or a FlyRyde hood(you know the deal with them though).

I like keeping the car stock looking, but the bumpers could use replacement. I've got some paint chipping off the rear, I'd love to have some skirts, and the front bumper is demolished. Rather then replace all of it with stock parts, I think a body kit is now in order as I am not happy with any of the stock body kit components currently on my car.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM

I'm replacing my ravaged front bumper with a OEM one, and a GT lip.

You can buy OEM bodyparts.

As for links?

www.rdtiburon.com
www.ebay.com
www.google.com

Search terms.

Koyo Radiator
tiburon hood 01
flex a lite fan 220