Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Helped My Buddy Select And Buy A 1981 Camaro... 350!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

So my buddy was checking out a 1974 Camaro LT on craigslist for $375, teh thing was a POS!! We looked at it, it was horrid, parts of the floors were rusted out, peices of the frame were detached...

Upon leaving a farmer's field in Newmarket, 200 feet away, I spotted an orange camaro. Liz sees it too (this was on monday when she was still here) and my friend says "OK let's check it out" and we did. We found a 350 camaro in running order. When asked how much the man wants for it... $600!!!

So we come back today (with his 1992 Camaro RS), slap my stellar plates onto it, pour some gas down the Quadrajet, and take off. This thing is mint.

I got him into cars, when we started out at school in 1st year, he had no clue. His first car was a 1992 Grand Prix LE (I helped him buy it for $500) and then later on last summer he found a GTP for $700 (blown headgasket, introduced coolant into the oil) and he got a new motor for $500 (and $500 to install it) and then when he borrowed the stellar he discovered RWD and last november I helped him buy his 3rd GM product, a 1992 RS (3.1L).

I can say I've had a hand in this. BEHOLD!!

Anyways the car runs MINT except, it burns oil, HARD. The culprit: 9 quarts of oil in the engine mad.gif and the steering is sloppy.

The first brake stand I did with it sent it FLYING. I think it's a POSI unit too.

$600. Matching numbers. SUPER minimal rust (that black rockerguard isn't hiding much, if anything)

The car is supposed to be red... original paint even!

f*** me!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:58 PM

pretty good grab, obviously needs a touch of work, but its about 6 months away from being a classic! best of luck to all parties involved!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

Well it has RIDICULOUS emissions systems, A.I.R. Pump feeding each and every individual exhaust port (it looks like it has ABS, except of the "jake brake" variety) and extra crap on it. All will be carefully removed and boxed, replaced with new heads (this thing's got 8.2:1 compression), edelbrock intake, and a sweet holley/carter carb!