Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

The Great Hood Swap.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, well today me and dan swapped hoods until i get my scoote hood in. It should be received at chaser by the end of sept, and then shipped to me from then. i know not many people like the scoote hood, but i dont really care.. its my car, not theirs. fing02.gif

also, since i don't have the front grill opening, and my IC is blocking any flow into the engine bay, im having some problems with heat. the scoop with help get alot of air into the bay area, and the vents will let the excess heat out. fing02.gif

anyway, heres some snap shots of today.

this image right here depicts the difference in hyundais 4x4 tiburon and the more sporty FWD version. nana.gif

Old 09-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd like to see some more graffiti on there. i think i like what you're doing to the lights but if i were you i'd knock out that center pillar altogether and mold a one piece light housing like it really is behind the plastic!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:46 PM

i love those slanted eyes man i really want to do some, how and what did you use, if a diy is possable that would be awsome fing02.gif
Old 09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned

i was thinking about doing all custom with the lights like your were talking abotu HKC, but the housing behind it would look really funny. i would have to get a piece of tinted plexi to put in front, flush with the eyeline to make it look alright. And even then i don't know if i would like the look.

rollwitstyle, I used a sheet of FG mat and resined it into the place i wanted. after it set, i sanded all the excess FG off around the lights. i then added a couple layers of body filler, then another layer of FG mat. When i finish them, i will use another layer of FG cloth on front and back, and body filler to make everything flush.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

still only tape on the corners? I hope you're able to go through with that..
Old 09-15-2007, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

wow your body project is coming along, i was very doubtful at first.

i still think you should have waited till you could paint it. but man its looking really really good. keep it up
Old 09-18-2007, 07:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i wouldve added more pics but photobucket has either lost my account or they friggin deleted it!. im gonna try to make a new one just in case it got deleted.