Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Goodbye Tiburon

Old 03-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Well I dunno where to start, but 3 weeks ago on Feb 18, 2006 I totalled my baby. Everybody involved is okay, but man am I ever ticked.

It was a freak Blizzard for about an hour, I was in a rush to get to a hockey game so I was going a little fast for the conditions. It was a 4 laned highway and I was in the right lane, I came up on a van going too slow IMO so I pulled to the left lane to pass him. It was a little more snow covered as there wasn't much traffic.

Only trouble was, whenever a car passed or was around you, it kicked up a ton of blowing snow. This happened in a horrible way when I went to get around the van. I slowed down from 80kph to about 70 to allow for the vehicle to move forward as I planned on pulling back behind it until it got better out.

All of a sudden out of nowhere (literally) a van was STOPPED in the road. Personally, anyone who stops on a highway in the middle of a whiteout deserves to get smacked into, but I should have been going slower. Turns out he was stopped to turn left onto a side street, there was no traffic that I could see so I my only thought was to try to pass because I felt I couldn't stop. He turned anyway and I hit him on his Rear Passenger Side at ~70kph. Airbags went off (so I can argue the myth of them not working) and actually saved me from some serious injuries.

Well, I mangled my front end, as you'll see below, my Zefiro Bumper I waited 6 months to get was in 4 pieces, I still can't find one of them. My Zefiro Hood - Toast. Front Strut Tower bar - Toast. My Right front Strut Tower impaled the firewall, and the engine is cockeyed. I knew it was done as soon as I got out of the car. And well, with the airbags going off I knew I was in trouble right away.

Well, here they are, finally got my home CPU back so I could upload them.

My Sub Box broke the back window as it slammed up. I had it mounted to the cardboard cover but.......

Sorry about the Hood Prop, but it's all I had. LOL

Well again, dunno what to say really. It just sucks, I had about $8,000 into the car, not including the Turbo Parts I'm trying to get rid of. And they only gave me $5100 for the car.

Because I molded the skirts and rear bumper into the car, they wouldn't let me take them off, saying it was part of the vehicle it must stay. A big problem was that the Ins Co was real sketchy on the fact that I had put money into the car, I partly owned it, but was only labelled as an occaisonal driver. So we couldn't barter and b**** with them too much. I just feel like I was bent over a desk and railed by a well endowed black man. Honestly it blows, but hey, it's just a car right.

I do have plans to bring it back to life. Not this car but a future one if I can make some dough. I just purchased a 2002 Chevy Impala it'll get me by for now. But damn, I hate this.

Funny thing is I was rushing to a hockey game so I wouldn't be late. I never made it to the game, and I almost never made it to another one. So, as they say, if you can't be a good example, at least be a good warning.

Oh, and if anyone asks me about parting anything out. I will find you and kill you!

Well, not really, but I'll have my stuff up for sale soon, so don't ask me about it!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

dude... i can't believe those pictures!! thats insane and amazing you came out unscathed. the mod team knew about this for awhile, but didn't see the pics. thats unreal.

i'm sure i speak for all that we'd rather see you in another Tiburon soon....

i still can't believe the pics. wow
Old 03-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dude that really sucks. I'm sorry and I feel your pain. I'm glad everyone's ok! I hope you stay in the Tib community.
Oh and I call dibs on that hood prop wink1.gif
Old 03-13-2006, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Sorry for your loss.

How come you didn't buy another Tib with the money you got the Impala for?

Anyways, I hope you stick around and maybe down the road pick up another tib.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:55 PM

OUCH!
That looked like it hurt! 02.gif
Offer still stands if you're interested in the summer, bud! smile.gif
Old 03-13-2006, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

Damn
Sorry man 02.gif

All I can say after seeing those pics...
Old 03-13-2006, 04:09 PM

that sucks man, i know what its like rushing to a hockey game
Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Mar 13 2006, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry for your loss.

How come you didn't buy another Tib with the money you got the Impala for?

Anyways, I hope you stick around and maybe down the road pick up another tib.</div>

Cuz Insurance for a Tiburon right now is double that of the Impala. LOL Unfortunately I have a bad habit of wrecking Tiburons. My first one was only 5 days old when I was hit on the highway. Guy that hit me didn't hang around, I had to put in a claim. mad.gif

I'll be getting another one, but it prolly won't be until I'm 25 or until I make $100,000 a year. Just too expensive for me.

Oh, and kb, it's all yours man.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

OMG!!! Those pics.... I'm glad you were ok in that acident!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm just glad you are okay bro. We'll get you another one eventualy.