Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Goodbye Tib, Hello Genesis

Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Thats really nice. Is the interior really that boxy? Seems like you would have to stretch to reach some of the controls.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Bullfrog - I haven't noticed it being boxy at all, or having to reach for controls. I expect it would depend on how you normally sit in the car. I can be comfortable with the ghetto lean, or I can drive with the back straight up and utilizing the head rest. The seats wrap around for a racing seat feel, and the seat has plenty of back/forward up/down range.

I'm 5'8 - 5'9 and 230 lbs. and comfortable in the seat. Also seems to have more head room than the Tib did.

Something I have noticed - I've had people in the back seat of my Tib several times. It's cramped, but they fit. BUT, I would never have anyone in the backseat of the GC unless they were 80 lbs. and under 5'0. I sat back there, and while I could slump down and "fit" into it somewhat comfortably, my head was touching the rear glass. If I got into an accident, I'd hate to have someone in the back seat.

I also somewhat wish it was a hatchback, so I could remove the rear seats and give it more of an RD feel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ Jul 18 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>have fun with it...was going to ask why Auto...but got my answer</div> All I read is bounce bounce bounce bounce...
Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<---Jealous! Wanted to get one, but I bought too many other toys last year. sad.gif
Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Administrator

I was really wanting to buy a boat this summer, and planned on it until my wife lost her job.

Then I was going between buying a used car (i.e., Camry/Corolla) and buying a Ninja ph34r.gif

I decided I'd have more fun in a GC. I drive way too much, and with all the time I spend in the car, it should be what I want.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullfrog @ Jul 18 2010, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thats really nice. Is the interior really that boxy? Seems like you would have to stretch to reach some of the controls.</div>I considered your post when I was driving this weekend. It has a real similar feel to the Tiburon's "cockpit" layout, in my opinion. It isn't boxy, and has a real functional feel to it. As I said, I'm between 5'8-5'9, and I have no problem pushing the buttons without reaching. With the base of my palm/wrist resting on the shifter, I can touch all the A/C buttons and change the volume (also note, the audio controls are also on the steering wheel). The only thing I had to lift my arm to touch was the CD Changer Disc Number buttons.

The center console also comes with an AUX plugin and a USB plug. The USB plug functions as a car charger for my phone, but when I connect my HTC Evo, and I choose the "Mount as Drive" option, the audio automatically switches to AUX/USB input and scans my phone for albums. I can flip through the different albums using the "CAT/FOLDER" buttons and hit ENTER when I come to an album I want. It'll start playing the first song in the album, then the TUNE will go to the different files within that folder. My phone is still capable of functioning as a phone while connected, and the no applications are running on the phone to play the music - it's all controlled by the car. This really makes the AUX input really useless for me... but there's an iPod cable connector that uses the USB and AUX input (who uses iPods anymore?).

Lovin' it so far.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Congrats. Really nice car.

You'll need to get some vinyl. tongue.gif

Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Very sweet ride!!..the badges are sweet too!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Congrats man.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Tibby

The Genesis is pure sex! Love the emblems.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Just posting recent shots. Installed LED turn signals, license plate bulbs, and 6000k HIDs - all from Diode Dynamics

The rear lip spoiler:

6000k HIDs

LED parking light with reflection

LED license plate bulbs