Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Goodbye Tib, Hello Genesis

Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Goodbye Tib, Hello Genesis

I've replaced my Tiburon with a Genesis Coupe. It's been raining off and on since I picked it up on Wednesday, so I'll have to post good pics later. Nothing done to it yet.

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
2.0T Premium Package
Sunroof, Lip Spoiler, Wing Emblems

The emblems look awesome. I didn't think I would like 'em, but I really do.

My wife was recently laid off, and for more than two years we've been carpooling to work. We haven't had a need for two vehicles, and it's been great. Maintenance, gas, and insurance for one vehicle. Well, now she has a new job and we aren't able to carpool. The Tiburon, with 130,000 miles on it, just wouldn't cut it for me. I'm averaging 28,000 miles annually and it's about 90% rush hour traffic. It was either a used car, or a base model Genesis.

The turbo really has some pick up and GO to it. I'm having a really hard time keeping it under the speed limit. From a stop, I punch the gas... but it takes a split second for the turbo to kick in. As my foot is slowly pressing on the pedal, the turbo kicks in and vroooooooom. I love it. It has an awesome sound for a 4 cylinder - did I mention I love it?

Plans:
Window Tint
H.I.D. (8000k)
Wheels
BBTB
Replacing the factory airbox with a cone filter
some DIY things

No body kits, I'll probably focus more on some minor engine upgrades at first
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Congrats man, there are so many nice cars coming out from Hyundai and Kia, I can't decide which my next one will be.

I mean which one my wife thinks will be hers.

LOL
Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Beautiful.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

dude, i'm still sporting your rotors. that was my first mod ever.

that's really cool. well i might as well bombard you with questions:

are you tempted at all to whip it around? are you afraid that you're going to get addicted again, even though you are planning some minor things? what does your wife think?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Sweet ride! Hope you have tons of fun and make good memories with it!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 17 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>are you tempted at all to whip it around? are you afraid that you're going to get addicted again, even though you are planning some minor things? what does your wife think?</div>
ya know... I was driving somewhat spirited last Friday and made a left turn at a traffic light. With the rear wheel drive, and the turbo kicking in unexpectedly, the rear end decided to kick loose a little bit. It was kinda fun, brought a smile to my face, and then I looked frantically for cops (rush hour, major intersection).

It has more understeer than I anticipated.. it doesn't bother me, but it makes it easier to fish tail. I'm still trying to be easy on the engine. There's only 200 miles on it, so I'm warming it up for at least 5 minutes before driving and trying to keep the RPMs under 5,000. It's not easy smile.gif

Oh, and to answer your question, yes - I already have the bug again. Money was a big factor, and I don't have a ton to pour into it. I'll have to keep the mods fairly small for now, because I already have at least $3,000 on my list (assuming cheap and used 19" wheels/tires).

My wife likes it. She has to be able to drive it, which is why I got an automatic. I regret not getting the manual, but it's still fun.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Intake, exhaust, re-flashed ECU. cool.gif
Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Yes, I was trying to post that for the last 5 minutes but HA was lagging. I forgot that the exhaust and SFR ECU Reflash were included in my $3,000 figure. I was looking at that $3,000 and thinking, "What else was I including? Oh yeah, that $1,200 exhaust"
Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Beautiful car Brandon. I like how you got a white one, was that in tribute to your Tib? Have Fun!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

have fun with it...was going to ask why Auto...but got my answer