Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Is This Fixable?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

just getting some opinions after seeing that wrecked tibs thread. ALL the damage is infront of the motor mounts and only really on the passanger side. the bumper support still slips in and out of the frame rails pretty well.

also i have sourced a new front clip that i could get for around $400. if this is fixable what do you think would be reasonable to pay to have my front end choped and the new one welded in?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 PM

OOo Isee the problem now...you have a fram oil filter lmao.gif

Dont know dude....
Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

I dunno dude, get a hold of blue bomber I guess, and ask him. He had some similar damage to his tib and he built it back.

his thread:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=32441&hl=

Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Fixable, yes. Fixable at a cost less than the value of the car, if you have a professional do it, maybe not so much. Good luck anyway.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 PM

what happened? i get my tib back tomorrow morning... she might turn out better than this by just looking at the hood damage, but we'll see. i hope you can get things figured out, i'm in the same boat and it doesn't feel good. good luck man
Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

it looks fixable to me. put better pics of the damage, like closer ones.

the parts are not that expensive but the labor may cost a bit.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'd like to see what the side looks like, where the fenders used to be. Also, what's damaged behind the bumper (alternator? any tranny damage?)

Cost worthy: It depends on how much work you're able to do yourself. I'd say that's about $5,000-6,000 (through insurance) worth of parts and labor BEFORE having to reweld anything.

It would probably be cheaper to buy my car for $5,500 and just swap all the stuff out of your car and into mine. Hell, make a long weekend out of it and I'll help you swap the engine and tranny if you want to keep yours. I'll even give you my AEM CAI to replace yours wink1.gif
Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^ That's not a bad deal!

My damage was estimated at 4300.00 and was nowhere as bad as yours.

I would say its fairly easy to fix most of it but I don't know about the parts where the battery and stuff sit. Mine wasn't damaged that far back.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Oct 1 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd like to see what the side looks like, where the fenders used to be. Also, what's damaged behind the bumper (alternator? any tranny damage?)

Cost worthy: It depends on how much work you're able to do yourself. I'd say that's about $5,000-6,000 (through insurance) worth of parts and labor BEFORE having to reweld anything.</div>

well ill get more pics when i get the car over to my new house. as far as the work goes my plan is to pay to get a rolling chassis back. i can assemble the rest on my own here then roll it back in for paint.

NO ENGINE/TRANNY DAMAGE like i said its all infront of the motor mounts. the struts and suspension are all untouched, only damage was a dent in one of the wheels. and it still holds air so i guess that tells ya how bad.

i would like to think a good shop could have this work done in about 10hours if i roll it in there with the engine pulled allready. so all they have to do is inspect, measure, cut, weld. then i can get new body work and radiator shit and put that all on here at the house, then i would tow it back over there for paint. as far as a cost in my mind i think its worth fixing just based on the fact every other tib i look at is dented/rusted or both. plus if i get another car i have ALOT of electronic shit i would have to move over and it would be months before i could even get in all in there.

i'm not sure where 4-5k would be spent but i could imagine upwards of 1k on parts and then maybe 1.5k in frame work. prolly another 1000 to spray the front end.

at one point i thought i would just get full coverage but i'm not sure how to explain the damage and not be liable for it. i would almost think that they wouldnt want to fix seeing as how i've allready disassemble it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I could make so much money off that much insurance cash, lol. Get rid of the crap damaged parts, and see whats really messed up, it looks like nothing.

You'll need:

-the top Rad support piece of any RD2 = Cheap. Its just thin sheet metal that any shop would order to fix this, and just tack weld it in.
-fenders (cheap CF fenders on ebay show up now and then figure $200)
-hood (buy a FRP or CF RD2 Evo hood from me ($350-650)
-bumper (TONS of cheap FRP bumpers for that car ($200-600)
-1 or 2 headlights ($100)

Aside from the tack welding in of the rad support, everything else you just bolt on. Looks like your condensor was out anyway, so you dont have A/C if I'm correct, so you can ditch the hard lines for that instead of pay to fix them. Did the Rad survive? If not, I got a stocker you can buy cheap.

I can see this thing back on the road with all aftermarket parts, and paint, 2000 bucks.