Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Finally Pics Of The Flyryde Rd2

Old 07-10-2006, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still luvin the mirrors, but whats up with the 1.8 exhaust mani? i thought i was the only to go old school style like that
Old 07-10-2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Dude those headers make power, lol.

I'm just glad I have pics of it. Its my daily beater, and I've never washed the engine until two days ago. LOL, I'm glad you all love the flares about as much as I do.

Here's the details on this car. Its purpose is so that FlyRyde can make new kits and parts for the 2000-2001 Tiburon. When I got the car, it had a T3 Turbo, big FMIC, SAFC, TV in the dash, and the body kit with flares, with the MIRA sport racing seats and harnesses.

What I've done to it since I got it, was pull the old blue intake and optima from my back car, which is never going to need those two things again. I had a short shifter and antenna sponsored from ARK, lambo doors sponsored from Vertical Doors Inc., and shifter bushings sponsored from APE Motors. I've not dropped a dime into this car yet.

Its was also sponsored by Rotora, and Kumho, and I needed these pics to show them its still evolving as a tuner car from when they saw it last with its old owner, who is a good buddy of mine.

The things I dont like about the car:

The whole bodykit is mismatched. The work is also not well done or clean. I dont like the fender flares, but they look better than the huge cut outs in the body behind them. They will fit a nice set of 18's as deep as could be, but they dont look right. I dont like the wing, its painted black, and made of aluminum. To be honest, I dont really like 2000 Tiburons in the first place, but thats just cause I'm a true 1st gen guy wink1.gif I dont really like the mirrors, but whatever, they work... kinda. I also hate that I get pulled over everywhere. Its to the point where I dont drive this car at night.

Things I do like about the car. I could rebuild it with my eyes closed. Its a friggin tiburon. I have somehow grown fond of the GT look, but I know I used to think it was hideous. And the fender flares go with that. They are nice though for track as the tires wont come near the fenders even under hard turns. I like that I have a turbo kit easy enough to bolt on in a few hours so I can play hard on the weekends at the track, and be street legal by Monday morning. I also love the fact, that this car brings in so much attention, even if the viewers are fond of the styling. I get sales in parking lots just cause people notice the car with the doors up and ask about it.

My plans for upgrades are:

New Carbon Wing (yes big and raced out)
Full FlyRyde WideBody kit (to ditch the weird flares).
Custom ECU from Korea so I can swap it for track use on weekends.
New turbo kit, but for now I'll get at least a better manifold.
New Carbon FlyRyde hood.
Carbon Hatch

New sponsored parts I'm shooting for are,

Big Brake Kit
18 inch show wheels
16 inch lightweight track wheels
Tires to go with wheels
Traction bars for racing
Full new paint job, possibly two tone
New Seats and harnesses.
Full Audio setup with video, subs, blaw blaw blaw

But hey, for now its nice to get hookups on a car that I only need to get me from point A to point B, lol.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:25 PM

Not too shabby smile.gif Personally i would have molded the fenders... but everone know how i feel about flares sooo lol... I dont think a bigger drop is in order, but the car def. deserves nicer rims.... come on man.... Konig monsoons??! lol there like 15 years old.... no offense... I suggest that now that you have the space for it... buy some staggered rims that go on a 4 lug 240 sx and see what youve got
Old 07-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^he didnt pick the rims, they came like that. Im likin the RD2 Chris. Hope those sponsors shoot tons of parts at you. And I hope you shoot me an email soon about the hood! Keep up the awesome work man
Old 07-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000

it seems like all those body kits crack by the driver side headlight. Mine did the same thing and a few others i have seen.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks hawt except for two items IMO. You need to find a sponsor for some decent headers joke.gif
And not really feeling the fender flares. They kinda look like they're not finished.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

those fenders are awesome but sooo UGLY... mold them in!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ He's going to make a new widebody kit anyway so moulding those in would be a waste of time.

The side-skirts on the other hand look terrible & should be removed & thouroughly jumped-on wink1.gif
Old 07-10-2006, 07:47 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

The sides are going straight in for green paint like the Type S bumper that used to be on my black car. I'm gonna just kit my wife's car, and sell it. Its not going to cost me much, so I might as well, then at least I can get around 5 or 6K for it once I shove some lighting in there.

But yeah, this car is NOT the place for my money, or FlyRyde profits. Remember I still have my kick ass 97, so thats the car I love, this one just gets me to and from, and I can scrape speedbumps, and drive the absolute piss out of it with no worries. I laugh about everytime I bottom out, lol, and keep on goin without the panic that shook me everytime I hit a pebble in the black car. I love not caring, and thats the beauty of it.

I might as well let the cat out of the bag. This RD2, is basically going to be my second frankentib. Only instead of gutting and replacing wires, this time I'm baggin the 5 speed for a 6 speed GK tranny. APE motors is going to do what they can to get me set up through their connections.

How would you guys like an adapter plate for a GK 6 speed tranny? I'd be stoked. All I know, is that APE is ON TOP of tranny work and the design and know how to make our cars freakin fast. So we'll get this thing rigged up with a weekend turbo kit, which I already have a basic T3 setup that came with the car. I'll go test the big brakes, and traction bars, and new camber plates we're getting, hehe. I'll basically push this car balls to the wall, and then do some bolt on/bolt off work and install weekday street legal parts. Meanwhile, all of the parts from my little R&D fun, will go onto my Time Attack black car, and I'll run them in competition. Sounds great to me. And damn, I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't mind the 6 speed tranny. If for nothing else, it's good to have for fuel economy wink1.gif I think once we get some cool new work done, and I get my design where I want it for the widebody kit, I'll finally make this RD2 something to see, and sell it.

Then on to new things. I think what I leave you guys with after all my experience with the Time Attack, and testing on this white car, I wont feel bad gettin ahold of a new set of keys.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:53 PM

I'm all over those mirrors if you ever make them.