Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

finally done with my gauges and needles

Old 04-20-2004, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, the odometer isn't permanantly attached?
Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

no, there are two parts to the odometer assembly thing. the clear plastci part that just deflects light everywhere, and then the actual odometer contraption. you pull the whole assembly out with 4 screws, and then take the clear plastic part off with two screws. the only thing you would be replacing if i sent you a cluster would be the odometer contraption thing, the clear peice over top you would keep in the cluster i send you. you can kinda see it here...

Old 04-20-2004, 03:00 PM

yeah, i just did mine too. it just plugs right in. 8^)

i had to cut my old gauges all up. what a job that was. came out really nice, though - but i'll post pics of my own soon and refrain from hijacking tibby's thread. i'd take him up on his offer of doing yours!!!

yours look much better though tibby. that blue everywhere is fantastic, seriously. nice work!

by the way...... i used this thread as a visual reference quite a few times. thanks for the pics!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

oh man, np.

on these gauges, i just cut those light directors that you see running to the bulb housing down, to allow room for the led clusters i stuck in there. im actually working on another cluster differently though.

you see where the needle goes? there are little angled windows there that shoot light up to the needles. i drilled four holes through that circle and im aiming leds right up to the needles now. this is hard though, cause there isnt much clearance between the clear plastic and odometer, so i am having to actually melt the led leads and wires into the clear plastic peice.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:41 PM

wow, that's some detailed shish man.

you guys blow me away sometimes.......