Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Few Quick Pics In My Works Parking Lot After Lunch...

Old 04-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Snapped a few pics of the car coming back from lunch today, at work:

This past weekend, I was so busy, I didnt get the chance to do everything I wanted to the car. Only had time to spray the mirrors body color, and the wiper arms flat black.

My lovely rim from hitting the crater of a pothole:

Which BTW, I received the claim form in the mail from them. My new rim should be here tomorrow, and I already have the paint standing by to spray it to match the gold on the rims. I was able to match the gold pretty much to exact color, so if it is off....I really doubt anyone will be able to tell at all.

And this is what I get to stare out my office window all day when its nice out:

This weekend coming up, I'm booked to spin at a club in Buffalo,NY so I dont know how much time I'll have to lower it and spray the body kit mesh and install it. But sooooooon....I'll get to it, I promise you all. *lol*
Old 04-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

this is the best country in the world with the highest GDP in the world and we can't even fix our roads, or develop a material that won't expand and contract as much.

looks good but i never liked those bumpers. just how it creases back up and how there's two parts instead of one piece. i still think the lip kits are the best, but i've never seen an exotic rd2 bumper. i would mold it to look closer to an evo-5, perhaps a smoother version and different foglamps:

Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Yeah, but that kit isnt as popular as the Vader/V-side, and some others. Plus, its an original Club GTR! fing02.gif

The rim holds air, and theres no vibration even with the way it looks. I'm guessing the inner part of the rim is fine, and its just the lip that got messed up. Theres a local guy who fixes bent rims. I'm just gonna have him fix it and then throw a cheap tire on it, and keep it as a full size spare in case one of the other rims gets damaged or I get flat. The new rim I bought was discontinued in gold gloss, so I had to buy it in black. I was able to match the gold color so I'll be spraying the black rim when I get some time.

Nice thing though is the state highway is paying for the rim, so its all good. smile.gif
Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

getting someone else to pay for it is always nice...

i like how you taking 3 spots as well... fing02.gif

cuz people cant park
Old 04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Administrator

I actually had the zoom on the camera. Its hard to tell, but I park way out where there isnt many cars. I dont mind walking the distance if it means no one parks next to me and dings the car.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

yeah understandable
Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

205/40/17? No wonder it bent. nana.gif

Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Yeah yeah, I know... tongue.gif

Actually, they're not too bad. But the pothole I hit...man, it was brutal. My entire car slammed down into it, and I throught for sure the molding/fiberglass on the bumper and sideskirt was cracked, as well as a destroyed bumper, suspension, etc... It was nasty. Hard to believe the tire didnt pop, and everything is fine on the car other than the rim being bent.

Oh well. Driving the car though you would never even notice or realize the rim was in the shape its in. Its still smooth riding as it can be. That'll change though once I put the Eibachs/KYB's back in. *lol*
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i guess it's rare, and original. just threw that idea out there since our kit days are over. you're going to have massive body damage issues with the eibach/kyb, just a heads up.

i had the same exact thing happen!! felt this huge slam out of nowhere. when i looked at it, i was surprised to see everything still intact. mannn now they patched the hole. if i would have known they could have paid for my rim... grrrrr. well, next time i will complain, and snap a photo. great job though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>cuz people cant park</div>

haha!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Administrator

It wont be too bad with the Eibachs, since its only a 1.5" drop (settled height). I plan on eventually though buying a carbon fiber splitter for the front to go under the bumper, so it'll take most of the scratches and stuff. And besides, if it gets chipped up....I'll just pull the car back into the garage and re-spray it. *lol* No sweat off my back. smile.gif