Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

F2 Evolution Conversion

Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

So I picked up a 98 FX SE for my girlfriend about 2 months ago. I swore to her and to myself I wouldn't mod it. But here I am...

I've been ordering parts for about a month, but the real work started yesterday.

Here are some of the pics so far.

The day we bought it, right after cleaning about 10 years of road grime off of it, seriously though, the guy NEVER washed it.

New fender and marker lights installed.

This is what I found in the drivers fender, not pretty.

New and old bumper together.

Mounting the bumper. (Flyryde Type-R Bumper)

Some more pics of the marker lights.

So that's where I'm at now. Fitment on the bumper isn't that great, but I have a pretty good body guy that should be able to make it look really good. I Have a bunch more random parts in my spare bedroom too(door sills, gauge cluster, spoiler, leather seats, non-captive swap).

It should be going to the bodyshop either tomorrow or next Friday depending on how busy the shop is. Plenty more good pics to come soon.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

nice i like that bumper, you think that fitment was bad.... mine was wayyyy worse
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

looks great...
Old 06-18-2010, 02:00 AM

wow that f2 bumper looks great. Where did you get it??
Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah man I've had two different aftermarket bumpers for my tib, and that fitment is incredible.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 PM

^^^ This is my first aftermarket bumper so I guess I was expecting OEM fitment lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>wow that f2 bumper looks great. Where did you get it??</div>

I got it from Chris at flyryde.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>looks great...</div>

Thanks mwood

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>nice i like that bumper, you think that fitment was bad.... mine was wayyyy worse</div>

Thanks man, and a little OT here, but if you don't buy yamaha's RD1 I'm seriously considering it

So I started on the non-captive swap about 20 minutes ago. I was hoping to wait until I got my suspension so I wouldn't have to take everything apart again, but I have to get stuff done when I can and I have time this weekend. Here are some pics. ***Hopefully*** I will be posting completed pics by tonight/tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Old 06-24-2010, 06:08 PM

Sorry for the double post but I couldn't edit my last post.

A few updates.

The non-captive swap is done. Unfortunately the lug studs were too short and I messed up one of the slider-pins so it binds now. I will be fixing both these problem next week when I get the car back.

My car went to the body shop yesterday. Should have it back either saturday or monday. It's getting paint on the new bumper and fender, the rust on the rear drivers quarter is getting fixed, and all four fender are getting rolled. Needless to say I'm pretty excited laugh.gif

This weekend I'll be stenciling F2 Evo logos onto the center caps of my wheels.

Hopefully I'll have enough money saved by monday to purchase some new suspension components.

Here are some pics of the car right before I took it to the body shop, and some pics of parts that will be going on soon.

I'm hoping to have almost everything done within a few weeks. I say almost everything because there are still some parts I can't find anywhere(F2 badging, shifter surround, leather armrest). I'll probably end up DIYing some of it. Basically I want this car to be exactly like an actual F2 Evo minus RHD.

Anyway, I'll update again as soon as more progress is made smile.gif
Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Damn I thought I was the only one to do this. I've done this to my tib (the red one, not the one in my sig) minus the fender lights and I couldn't find the spoiler so I ended up getting the 2 spoke shark spoiler.

The door sills I have say "F2 Evolution" not "F2 coupe"

I have F2 badges tongue.gif Try PM'ing Tibbychick, I got mine from her and I think she had 2 sets, although that was like 2 years ago..

What was different about the armrest and shifter surround? I did the RD2 dash conversion anyway..

Oh, and I found the stick on logos that go over the center caps of your rims on eBay.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM

^^^ I hate you joke.gif

But ya, I couldn't find the actual F2 Evo sills anywhere, the ones I got came on the 1998 F2 edition.

And thanks for the heads up on tibbychick, I'll send her a PM right now!

Can you post the link to the center caps, the last ones I saw on ebay ended like 3 months ago.

You should post pics of yours, I'd love to see it!

Here are some pics of the center console lid and shifter surround.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

damn man that car is looking real nice.