Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Engine Cover Ideas

Old 07-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Since I am not going with any crazy motor builds but am entering many shows, and I have seen this on alot of vehicles, only fiberglassed on a few but I'm thinking of a few things... Something To go around all edges, around the fender, the w/e its called pannel that humps up for the headlights but maybe not in the back. I was thinking 2 TV's maybe a voltmeter but I can do away with the TV's if anybody else has some good ideas. I will be ordering headers so I was considering maybe a plexi Window... This cover will be removable and I will keep it in the car until I get to the show, If i do the TV's I'll just leave the tip of the wiring harness out so I can easily turn them on. Any ideas?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

pictures of the idea on other cars?

i can't even begin to make a mental image of what you are typing.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Like this
Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 PM

that's what i thought, but then said no way because the heat would kill that screen super quick.

then i thought you were talking about something that you could prop the hood up with, like take out of your car and put on for shows, with hook-ups to some cables already in the engine bay...

which btw, i think is a better idea.

you could even have a whole wrap around fiberglass thing that props the hood up, with one large lcd in the front, and smaller ones on either sides. throw a couple hinges on where the sides would meet up with the front so you could semi fold it and transport it to shows. THAT would be b****in.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:35 PM

wait that threw me off... a large fiberglass panel holding the hood up?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

How come over the last 2 years of me redoing my car i think i have come up with a great idea for my tibby and i get started on it and then one of you fools get it done before me. Goosh..... joke.gif No actually i have done the exact same thing and it is getting painted the same time as my car here in the next 4 weeks. My 2 almost 3 year project is finally close to being done.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:06 PM

lol Sweet, any pics of it?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

No i have kept everything underwraps for ever and i'm about to debut it all soon. Good luck with yours.

JD
Old 07-15-2007, 10:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KustomizedTiburon @ Jul 15 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wait that threw me off... a large fiberglass panel holding the hood up?</div>

like imagine hanging a curtain from the edge of the hood of the open tib so that it shields the entire engine from view. now accomplish the same thing with fiberglass, but have it hold up the hood and entertain people with tvs facing forward and to the left and right.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:16 PM

That would be sweet, but I couldnt fit it in the car with the entire hatch FG'd and backseat FG'd 02.gif

Sweet, lookin forward to seein it.