Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

The end of one era, brings the beginning of another..

Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 2.0 Automatic
Default The end of one era, brings the beginning of another..

So, until recently, my daily driver was a 2000 Hyundai Accent GS, that my wife bought brand new in Y2k. It had 175k miles on it, when a rock slide caused it's demise, the damage being more money than the car was worth. Here are some pics of the old girl we called Daisy:

But knowing the reliability we had with this car, I could pass up a screaming deal I found on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS sedan, so, as one car's life is over, a new journey began... Meet Duke:

As much as I enjoyed the old accent for it's reliability and fuel economy, I know that Duke will serve me just as well.. and if you couldn't tell, yes, grey is the color of choice. The old accent was grey, my new elantra is grey, and my wife's 2011 tucson is also grey...see:

Scott
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I talked some friends into a Tuscon - they love it. Congrats on your new ride.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Cool photos. Awesome beautiful location. I'm surprised all of the cars are the same color. Even though the old Accents were cool, I bet it feels like a huge improvement.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Very nice! I just drove a Tuscon in the desert for 2 weeks, and really liked it. It doesn't do well with deep sand though, but driving on real roads, both highway and city, is really nice!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 PM

My wife has a grey color fetish, and I didn't really have a preference when it came to color. So far, I am very impressed with this car. We live in a mountain area, with steep hills on my commute home. The old accent averaged about 29 mpg on this commute, and it seems likely that the elantra will pull 33-34 mpg doing the same commute, with much more power. So far, I am loving this car. The old accent was a bare bones model, with no power anything, and not even a cd player! This one has power everything, a cd player, and ipod input. I'm spoiled now!

Scott
Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Its a nice grey, no loss there. I never knew california was hilly.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Old 11-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

looks awesome! congrats on the new purchase.

i dont know what it is with me, but all i read and hear from friends/owners about any accent after 2000 is how reliable they are for the most part. man did i ever get the bastard lemon.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by zero_gravity
looks awesome! congrats on the new purchase.

i dont know what it is with me, but all i read and hear from friends/owners about any accent after 2000 is how reliable they are for the most part. man did i ever get the bastard lemon.

I dunno man.. Our 2000 was a good car.. I had one fuel pump go out, had a transmission go at 96k miles that was covered under warranty, then had a 2nd one go at 171k miles... (automatic, that saw treacherous mountain driving, foot to the floor, constant shifting of the trans.).. but other than that, it was regular maintenance. 2nd tranny was not covered under warranty, but was only $650 for a brand new one from hyundai, so we figured we'd just put it in, and drive it another 80k miles... Then, about 2k miles after the new trans was put in, I hit this rock... Pick a part guy came by today, and towed it away for the paltry sum of $500, but I guess that's better than nothing.

Scott
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Grey Grey Grey is the way to go! Enjoy the new rides!