Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Ebay "super White" Bulbs Fitted

Old 02-13-2006, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Hey!

I got those bulbs that I'd mentioned a few days ago. They are "Super White Bulbs by Maruta Technology" & they're head & shoulders above the "Hyper White" bulbs that I did have in.

Here are pics of the old ones (The fogs were still stock bulbs).

They looked cool but the light that they gave off was crap compared to the stock bulbs.

Here are the new ones, with new fog bulbs too...

Now I've only had them in for a few hours but the difference is crazy! These actually put out a good amount of light & still look cool, I reckon. They're very white with only a very slight bluish tinge in them. The old ones were blatantly purplish.

I'll keep an eye on these over the coming weeks to make sure they don't overheat or anything but they shouldn't as they are the same wattage as the stock bulbs.

The other goo bit about them... 20AUD shipped for both sets fing02.gif
Old 02-13-2006, 05:05 AM

nice, I wouldnt mind having a set for just my lows..
Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

Nice smile.gif

Got a link? For both?
Don't wanna jump into the Xenon's yet, might be illegal here somewhere in the future...
Old 02-13-2006, 03:58 PM

Here's the seller's store but there will prolly be plenty of others selling the same bulbs.

I paid $5 per set + $5 shipping per set.

Delivery was pretty quick once payment was sent fing02.gif
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

are those high wattage bulbs? be careful, they could melt you're harnesses if so. they do look quite b****in though. cool.gif
Old 02-13-2006, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

He said they are the same wattage so hopefully they should do no damage. We'll see, I want to get them for my fogs and low beams too if they work out.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i read that but the sellers pages say 100w output. it says uses standard 55w input, but its impossible to make 100w out of 55 watts. it doesnt even make sense.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Didn't know that. He said it's the same wattage and I'm at work so I couldn't check the ebay site. Oh well, that might cause some problems huh? That's a lot of watts compared to stock.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Oz that looks HOT as sh*t.

I wouldn't use those bulbs though man. They're more than likely 80-100Watts and when I put them on my car the stock wiring harness melted to hell. And it uses more power out of the battery than normal.

After having this HID kit for half the year, I will NEVER go back to a car without an HID kit. If I get a brand new car I'll ask the dealer if they can take out the bulbs because I wouldn't be needing them. Bah HID kit is the first thing I'd get, uses only 35Watts and totally worth $250! I have NO problem seeing road signs which light up from all directions even from afar. And I did have those blue tinted lights, they really don't help anything, especially when compared to an HID kit.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM

^ I know these don't compare to HIDs but all I wanted was the bluish-white light with decent light projection. I don't really drive on dimly-lit roads at night so I wasn't really after super bright lights.

I'm just saying that these are much better than the ones I had before. Better illumination & better colour IMO. They're also a fifth of the price as the ones I previously had in.

No more yellow fogs with white low-beams fing02.gif

Also, the wattage marked on the actual bulb is 55W (for the H1 bulbs anyway. I didn't check the H3 bulbs) & these don't look like some of the ultra-high wattage bulbs I've seen around.

I will keep you all posted as to how well they last over the coming weeks/months though.

Edit*: Just in case I confused or misled anyone, I don't think these are noticeably brighter than stock bulbs... It's just a whiter light. They are only brighter than my old "Hyper-white" bulbs because those ones badly affected the amount of light emitted from the bulbs.

Cheers,

Tim.