Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Damage Pics!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ooof that sucks. Definitely looks fixable though.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Mar 26 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You know what I'm gonna hang the driver's side fender on my wall as artwork. No joke. Jed's got pony parts everywhere so I get to have my fender on display. That and I have nothing else to hang on the walls, lol.</div> Isn't the pony the car that Hyundai got the really bad reputation for making? Is that the reason he's got parts all over?

I was sad to see your car in such poor condition. But at least it's not going to the vet or anything wink1.gif.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM

^^I dont think so, from what Ive heard they did well with the pony. Yeah I'm still with Jed and he is paying for and helping me fix it. He already bought the door. It really wont take that much to fix, just some sanding and paint. Im getting most of the car repainted while Im at it, cause the maaco paint job is starting to flake off. Im also gonna finally do my suspension with lowering springs, sway bars, the works.

The whole tow truck incident was crazy. Basically in Ontario, its pretty much a free for all with tow trucks. Whoever gets to the accident first gets the tow. So anytime there's an accident, there's always about 8 tow trucks there before the cops show up. In NY, the cops call the truck from a list, so they get to take turns.

So anyway, I hit the gaurdrail, and pulled over. Got out of my car to look at it, and as Im getting in, this tow truck pulls over in front of me and starts backing towards me quickly. Now all Im thinking about was the time when I parked my car for 2 minutes in Queens to throw a banana peel out. I walk 10 feet away from my car, turn around, and see my car up on a tow truck. Apparently I parked in a no parking zone, and had to pay $100 to get the car back. So I know how quick and vicious these fvckers are.

So I'm like, fvck that, I threw it in gear and pulled right around him back onto the highway. Luckily the guy that I just cut off slammed on his brakes, cause I didn't even look. I just gunned it and went. So he starts following me. I made the stupid decision of getting off the highway and trying to lose him in the backroads. Nope, still found me. At one point, I pulled into a gas station to kick Jed out of the car because he was pissing me off. But then the tow truck came along, and Jed jumps on the roof of the truck and starts screaming at the guy. So again I say, fvck this, I tell Jed to get back in and we take off again. I finally lose him, but end up speeding past a cop, who then pulls me over. Of course then about 5 tow trucks show up, including the asshole who was chasing me. I stared him down the entire time, and told the cop that I would not let him tow the car. If it weren't for him, I would have probably kept going on the highway and made it home.

Oh well, you live and learn. Im just glad the damage wasnt worse.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

sorry to bring this back from the dead TC, couple of questions,

The tow truck followed you? What was he going to do? tow your car that was perfectly drivable?

how did they get a car on a truck in 2 minutes? they have a forkift system or something?

Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 AM

Because in Ontario, the way it works is tow trucks have free reign over towing cars, it's not controlled by the police dept like it is on Long Island. They can tow as many cars as they want, whenever and wherever, as far as I know. So especially during rush hour, you will see tow trucks parked along the side of the highway, just waiting for an accident to occur so they can be the first ones there.

This night happened to be New Years Eve, so he had nothing better to do than sit around waiting for drunk drivers.

The guy in Queens had the car up from the back pretty much instantly. It wasn't lowered at the time, but did have the body kit. The back sat high enough where he could've gotten the thing under there. Im not sure how it worked but if I remember correctly it looked like a T shaped thing that came out and then lifted the car.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:25 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I think Im going to stay in the US then. lol. so all is done and over with i assume and hows the car now?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

my car has been towed like that before when the clutch went out. It lifts by the tires and then you strap the tires to the lifts.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 PM

Oh yeah, its fine, just needs paint. The lesson here is not to drive drunk. I was under the legal limit, but still enough to get a 12 hour suspension and my car towed (by a different truck).