Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Cross Country Tib Travel

Old 05-19-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, where are you heading up the east coast?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Holy sh!t kid! What are the chances that you and Redz are missing the same finger.
Ya, you should come to Mass so I can give you a 100 reasons to never come back.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

cool fing02.gif need more members in the maritimes ,we could have eveyone meet and show in my DRIVEWAY 02.gif ....... all 2 of us will fit. laugh.gif
Old 05-19-2006, 09:39 PM

well, if you make it up to Jersey on some day.. let me know. I can show you my new warehouse space and stuff where my fiat is.. unfortunately, my Tib is in no shape to be seen.. even if I do drive it everyday
Old 05-19-2006, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

holy heavens man!!! how did you organize all of this?! how awesome!! yeah that's got to be one hell of a scenic trip. you didn't have any problems with the tib? glad you got to meet some of the great people from here... ah i wish i could do that too but i met OP from here which is awesome. very cool guy...

i think the ath is the best roof spoiler out there. definitely looks waaaay better than the old one. thanks for sharing this with us?! yeah the tiburon we were going to get (our very very first one back in '99) had 76k on it and it was only 2 years old with hail damage, driven 'cross the United States to California and back. talk about cruisn' USA... HAHA.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

DTN let me know when you're in SC. Maybe we could meet up. I'm in the Charleston area, so is jmn822000. Maybe we could meet up in columbia or something. Anyway, let me know mang. It'd be cool.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus @ May 19 2006, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn man, you're goin all over the place to meet the RDT fellas, huh?

when you comin up to mass? tongue.gif</div>

Yeah, i'm trying to meet as many of the guys i've been talking to as possible on this trip. I don't know when i'm going to mass, but evenutally.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ May 19 2006, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Looks like someone was speeeding....we can't condone that at this site, sorry.

locked.gif

lmao.gif just kidding man, you sure got around eh?

looks like you had a great time..btw I think B looks better fing02.gif</div>

Speeding? I consider 100mph safe and prudent driving.... it's not speeding unless you get caught by an officer of the law

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ May 19 2006, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I can't believe you've never been to a ColdStone...
HAHA!

Good to see you're havin fun on your West Coast Tour. I guess you should be leaving that god-forsaken state Montana right baouts now eh? G'luck with the trip to the East Coast, and no more drive-through Messican Car-Washes, lmao.gif</div>

I'm leaving soon, but it's not god-forsaken, it's home mang. I still wish i had celebrated cinco de mayo with a baseball bat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ May 19 2006, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Pics look good!!!</div>
thanks
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ May 19 2006, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I like the ATH mang.

Did you stick or bolt it on? Sorry if I missed when you already talked about this..

and Spart, you should go to the ColdStone. GREAT IceCream, they put almost anything in it you want. And when you tip em they have to sing some corny song and dance around. They have like 10-20 songs so DTN went crazy with the tips and we just sorta sat their laughing at them along with all the customers in the store. It's humiliating but it gets the bills paid. LOL

Oh yea, DTN. Not sure what route your traveling but I'd try and get a shot of the tib with the St. Louis Arch ("The Gateway To The West"). Ya know that was a rollercoaster once? LOL. Check out the windows at the top, a cart used to take you all the way to the top. Not anymore though. =(</div>
The ATH spoiler has bolts and a type of sealer/adhesive that comes with it. I bolted it on and I didn't use the adhesive, i used a different brand stuff that my bodyshop guy told me to use. I'll post a DIY soon, it wasn't that hard, just mark and drill 2 holes, stick it on, and put in screws.

Yeah... i don't think i could work there. If you put a dollar in and ask for a song, they have to sing and dance it between customers.... every last one of them, in a line, singing and dancing for my dollar. Dood, i need to find another one of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 19 2006, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so, where are you heading up the east coast?</div>
in about 3 hours i'm leaving for the east coast.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kb5133 @ May 19 2006, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Holy sh!t kid! What are the chances that you and Redz are missing the same finger.
Ya, you should come to Mass so I can give you a 100 reasons to never come back.</div>

ok, i guess i'm going to have to go to mass... do you guys have a local car club there? Maybe we could get a group meet/drive/eat one of these weekends in a few months?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 19 2006, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well, if you make it up to Jersey on some day.. let me know. I can show you my new warehouse space and stuff where my fiat is.. unfortunately, my Tib is in no shape to be seen.. even if I do drive it everyday</div>

Will do, what kind of warehouse? like a shop or just to store stuff? how do you manage to cloak your car when you drive it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 19 2006, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>holy heavens man!!! how did you organize all of this?! how awesome!! yeah that's got to be one hell of a scenic trip. you didn't have any problems with the tib? glad you got to meet some of the great people from here... ah i wish i could do that too but i met OP from here which is awesome. very cool guy...

i think the ath is the best roof spoiler out there. definitely looks waaaay better than the old one. thanks for sharing this with us?! yeah the tiburon we were going to get (our very very first one back in '99) had 76k on it and it was only 2 years old with hail damage, driven 'cross the United States to California and back. talk about cruisn' USA... HAHA.</div>
Organized? I looked at a map and plotted my course. I just made some calls when i was on the road. I got Patreezy's and REDZMAN's number via PM when I was in texas because i realized i'd be driving by them. REDZMAN hooked me up with TiburonMoo enroute. I plugged addresses into my in car navigation system, and communicated by cell phone.

it's a great trip, i havn't had any problems with the tib except my tire got screwed.. literally. had to take it to a tire repair shop. That's cruising... I had to hit all 4 corners of the US, but not straight drive across it. I've got my longest drive comming up... 3 days stright, missoula MT. to columbia SC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LTD5stringer @ May 20 2006, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>DTN let me know when you're in SC. Maybe we could meet up. I'm in the Charleston area, so is jmn822000. Maybe we could meet up in columbia or something. Anyway, let me know mang. It'd be cool.</div>

Definately mang! I'm starting the long drive there in a few hours. We should get together sometime. I'll be stationed there for a few years. I always like meeting people with similar interests. I'll hit you up.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I tell you what, there is no better experience in life, and no better way to see this great country of ours and learn to appreciate what we have here, than a coast to coast roadtrip. If you do it by yourself, you learn things you never knew about yourself. It can be a very ZEN experience.

Props bro, I can't wait for my next roadtrip.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's the way to do it, just do it. listen, you should sport a rdtiburon.com tour banner next time you travel like this!!! really cool though, just be very careful DTN!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 02:58 PM

No we don't really have a club and getting Spart to hang out takes an act of God. But there are a few of us Hyundai boys that get together once in awhile. 2 Rd2's, an Rd1, Elentra GT, Tubo'd accent and a Honda guy just to pick on. If youre ever in the area hit me up or Spart or Zhiryst.