Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Come See...

Old 02-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well this week on my days off, i will be going though some things and making a detailed list of what i want to get down...

i can only drive it in the parking at home cuz i have to get it registered and tuning down first...

like i said before im going to make it for the drag strip and autox (up at FEDEX Field where the Redskins play)...

Old 02-18-2009, 04:19 PM

ok so i finally got around to scanning the Accent for CEL's...had five of them...

P0453 Evaporative Emission Control System Sensor High Input (EVAP Cannister is takening out and im not worried about emissions cuz Michigan does not have them)

P0142 MAF INPUT (that is cuz it is disconnected)

P0132 Oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0112 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input (i have to fix wiring, cuz shop that installed boost gauge drilled though the wiring)

P0137 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

the car needs tuning bad, the car boogs down once it hits 5 pounds

im going to install the new Speedometer when i get a chance cuz the car does not have a Tach (very important on a boost car, so i know if im red lining)

im still undecided on what tuning i want to get...its either MS Ecu or AEM FIC

Old 02-18-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

woot woot, that's my old turbo kit that I sold a year ago smile.gif
Old 02-18-2009, 04:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Are you just going to throw a standalone on it and call it good, or what's your plan on getting rid of the 2 o2 sensor CELs and the MAF sensor CEL? With those codes, there's no way the A/F ratio could be anywhere near right. MAF = input monitoring o2 = output monitoring. A plug-n-play soloution is not yet available to my knowledge, which means splicing about 80 wires correctly to get it to function right.

From my understanding, replacing the ECU with any stand alone fuel management currently means no OBD-II monitoring system, and you'll have to have your laptop in the car to get statistics on how things are running and there will be no check engine light to warn you.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>woot woot, that's my old turbo kit that I sold a year ago</div>

i remember that! what a deal that was. nice to see it in full effect.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ Feb 18 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ok so i finally got around to scanning the Accent for CEL's...had five of them...

P0453 Evaporative Emission Control System Sensor High Input (EVAP Cannister is takening out and im not worried about emissions cuz Michigan does not have them)

P0142 MAF INPUT (that is cuz it is disconnected)

P0132 Oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0112 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input (i have to fix wiring, cuz shop that installed boost gauge drilled though the wiring)

P0137 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

the car needs tuning bad, the car boogs down once it hits 5 pounds

im going to install the new Speedometer when i get a chance cuz the car does not have a Tach (very important on a boost car, so i know if im red lining)

im still undecided on what tuning i want to get...its either MS Ecu or AEM FIC</div>

Myron,

Check for continuity on the IAT, as well as the oxygen sensors. The P0453 won't have much of an effect on anything. Give me a call or PM me and I can help you out. The RD wiring is the same as the X3 wiring, so the Megasquirt can be used.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Feb 18 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>woot woot, that's my old turbo kit that I sold a year ago smile.gif</div>

You mean the turbo kit that had a bad turbo that I had to get rebuilt, piss poor piping, and other things you said you would include but never did?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:19 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I'm such an asshole for selling a used turbo kit for 700 bucks that I never had installed huh? [/goes to re-evaluate life decisions] mad.gif

Well good luck with the car, I'm stoked to see that kit on there, despite the issues yamaha had with it!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:30 AM

well today out of being bored, I decided to strip out the backseat...

i going to get back there with some simple green or degreaser to clean it up

o yeah...take a look at what im using to keep the hatch open

i really need to make a junk yard run but the closet one that i know of with accent's is about an 45 min drive (cuz i leave in the country), so it wont be for another couple of weeks
Old 02-21-2009, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmmm, what are you going to do about those seats?

I always loved that color on the RD2.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 PM

I'm not going to do anything for the seats...the only thing sked for the interior is tint and OIL PSI and OIL Temp gauges and that is not until i upgrade the Tiburon to Prosport Green Performance...