Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Caj's One Piece Hd Front Lip.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah we took the bumper off to do it, honestly wasn't that hard to pull at all. I could do another in an hour by myself.

Like I said about the blackness, it's pitch black plastic when it's clean, it's just got powdery junk on it right now. Im gonna finish up the sides soon and wash the car and then hopefully get some good pictures taken. smile.gif I'm starting to feel like I might enter in a COTM sometime in the near future, now that my car is coming together.

Thanks a ton for the compliments guys. smile.gif Glad you all like what I'm doing.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 AM

Car's looking good! fing02.gif
Old 07-16-2007, 09:34 AM

good job mang
Old 07-16-2007, 10:01 AM

Looking sexy!!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

That looks good man.

What do you have planned for the sides?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:24 AM

Same thing, lip back to the rear tires.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

we didn't have to take the bumper off, but we did and it made it MUCH easier to drill holes and attach the bolts...

the hardware we used works REALLY good, and i used it on my front lip. they are toggle bolts.. heres a pic if you are un familiar with em.

it works alot easier than a nut and grabs more surface area. we also use big washers because of the area where it went thru in the lip.

anyway, with the side skirts, he is using the same material. we already put it up to the car, and it follows the lines PERFECTLY. it doesn't just attach straight across and look tacky, it will actually bend nicely with the subtle curves of the sides.

i would say this project, on a scale of 1-10, this would be considered a 2.. pretty much anyone who can use a drill and cut plastic could do this.. our total work time on front bumper including removal, was around 30 minutes.

and about getting this lip material, i had to contact the manufacturer to find this in 15' strips because the ones they sell at home depot are only in 6' strips. the bumper needs ~8'.. this way, there is no seam.

i know i keep rambling, but as far as color of this lip. i love the way it just looks when its the bare material and washed. it looks more of a stock plastic lip like on alot of OEM cars.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

taking off the front bumper isn't that hard.

I'm a pro at it... Takes me 5 minutes and 15 bolts to get mine off, in the dark, with no flashlight! I've done it dozens and dozens of time (literally, probably 50 or more)

looks good fing02.gif

Nate... I'm looking for a good way to bolt up the side of the front bumper to the fenders... those are always the hardest bolts to get out. Any ideas? Easy access, easy to remove, but secure and won't vibrate loose.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Thanks Socks, I thought it was toggle bolts, seems like you posted a DIY type thing when you did yours...
Something else I was wondering about and you mentioned, what lines do you follow for the front bumper, and how do you make sure you get it perfectly lined up? I can't wait until you get the side skirts done, I would love to see how they all turn out.
The flat black looks terrific on a blue car, but I've been wondering how they would look on a black one...
Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Eyeballed it up, just made sure it looked even. I the line I followed was basically making sure that the outer edge of the lip was all the way on the flat horizontal surface of the bumper, not the curve. I followed that around on the sides. On the front it's set back al ittle because the front sticks out a little. Wasn't hard to line up at all, just eyeball it.