Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Apex Versa Cruise Installed And Lovin It!

Old 07-26-2005, 11:51 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought I'd share since it does so well for me. I really really like this unit, and my car is, if you know anything about its history, pretty damn crazy when it comes to wiring. We pulled the wiring harnesses out of a 2000 Tiburon, and swapped them with my 97 Tiburon wiring. Well, we did great, but the grounding has just never been too perfect. So after about 2 and a half years (if you can believe that?) I finally fixed my ground problems. Now I get:

No lag rolling up the windows (it used to take about 15 seconds... really)

The car doesn't trip out when the AC comes on, no loss of voltage in my other equipment.

The engine revs much nicer, no low RPM idle bogging, and it seems more spirited as well. Much more responsive.

And its hot, check it out...

I grounded it to the Alternator, behind the coilpack on the head, and to my exhaust hanger mid way back. When I went to install it, I exposed the loop from the positive wire from the unit, and put it over the post on my optima, then I exposed the loop on the negative wire (they were taped for safety from Apex) I just barely tapped the edge of it to the negative post on the battery, and the little Blue LED in the voltage stabilizer unit lit up and didn't go out for about a minute and a half, from a fraction of a second being connected. So I think this unit does pretty well at gathering power from your battery top stabilize the power the actual car draws from it. I was pretty supprised as my clock and all interior lights are super bright, no dimming ever, and the door pops (solenoids to open the doors) were working great even though they are 3 year old 35lbs. pieces of sh@t. Most of the time they need an extra push to get them to pop my drivers door. My remote start engaged perfectly everytime, the startup of the engine was very smooth every time I hit the button. Even my door ajar chime, while it usually drops in tone everytime I hit the door pops until they release power, worked with no change no matter how long i held the button to keep the door pops on. The whole car seems to be much more alive with the unit, so there's my testimonial, anyone who has slow windows or who's a/c almost kills there car should really think about one of these units, I'm kinda pissed it took me so long to do it. I remember Rob from HP talking about these forever ago (the original as in the bottom pic left).

I love it! You can even see it glowing through my Evo hood all night!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:55 AM

sounds like a great buy, my windows are slow as hell and i can hear it take away from the engine, same with the ac when i turn it on i feel the power decrease so maybe i should look into this.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:08 PM

what's the price on this doohickey?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

h0w much $?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 PM

I've always thought about getting one of those systems. Most people assume because the $10 kits on eBay are crap that stuff like this is too. I highly doubt companies like Apex'i and HKS would stake their reputations on something that was bogus.

How much is the Apex'i setup? And what's the difference between the original and Versa Cruz besides the muffler earth? And why do I giggle every time I say muffler earth? laugh.gif
Old 07-26-2005, 12:26 PM

Looked on the net for a little while and cheapest i found one was $189 plus shipping. These look really nice compared to the HKS System @ $120
Old 07-26-2005, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Just found one on ebay for $175 shipped. I want it but that's a little out of my price range right now.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That's sorta funny, it's the same thing as the system ARK was just selling.

Almost identical.

It's $80 thru them, does the same thing.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:57 PM

fawk.. maybe i should get this instead of an optima battery..

apex is a bit expensive though...
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Yeah guys, this system is not cheap. Thats why this is posted in showroom, I sell them for 200, or the original for 190, so I didn't even bother posting, I saw on HP that someone found it on ebay for 175 shipped. Mine will come out to about 205-210.

Go ebay if you want it and dont have tons of cash to spend. I just really loved it and was happy that I carry it! I'll full retail it pretty well I hope on the new flyryde.com site as its almost ready!

And I have cool stuff like this to sell now!

hehe