Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

'99 Stock Tiburon - Silver (56k Safe)

Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '99 Stock Tiburon - Silver (56k Safe)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Okay couple of things. What's with the "SX"? Isn't it "SE"??</div>

Hmm, here we had two models: SX and the higher FX (2.0L + some accesories) as far as I know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And DAMN, I love those steering wheels!</div>

And

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>That steering wheel is sick!! Is it stock?? And is that available for us in North America??</div>

As far as I know its stock. I'll grab a nicer pic of it later on. What would be the easiest way for me to check if it's stock?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>question: What's the big "P" behind/attached to your number plate?</div>

That is what we call a "P Plate" Basically when I turnt 16 and passed a knowledge I was on my "L Plates" and could drive only when accompanied by someone who held their full license for over 1 year and never over the speed of 80. At 17 you move up to "Red Ps" and can drive as per anyone else, with a speed cap of 90kms and 0 Alcohol. At 18 You move up to "Green Ps" and can drive at 100, still with 0 Alcohol.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/ Read the first three sections in the "License Information" box on that page for more info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>That is one of the cleanest stock engine bays I have seen. Good job on the purchase.</div>

Thats another thing that I was impressed with. The Lantra's engine bay is dirty as all hell. Of course it didnt help that I wasnt too careful when pouring oil and things like that. tongue.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ooooh nice tiburon! you haaave to get some aftermarket 17' rims. if not, some 16's looking at the conditions you are in. Australia must have some rough terrain.</div>

Yeah, I think thats what its lacking at the moment. The wheels look a tad too small on it. I might do some research on rims now. I dont want anything garish and chrome though. tongue.gif

I also need to swap the stock CD player for my Pioneer MP3 player which is in the Lantra at the moment. I'm also thinking of getting Remote Central Locking and an Immobilizer / Alarm.

She turns a few heads too because the country town I'm in only has ~50,000 people in it, and its mostly 4WDs, Utes and Sedans. (Commodores and Falcons)
Old 10-17-2004, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Potential tuning ECU swap for RD cars from REAL

ok... thanks. I had heard of P and L plates.. but never seen them. I just thought that they were part of the numbper place and not a seperate piece alltogether.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Other forums

Welcome to the site man, and thanks for the pics.

Also, thanks for the GREAT use of the edit and quote functions.

Model noob!

wink.gif
Old 10-17-2004, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: GB Requests

Welcome to the site dude, it's great to see another Ozzie on here (that makes 3 now) 8)
We did have an SFX as well which was the FX + leather & sun roof.
The steering wheel is the stock non-airbag item (same as mine). I'll be replacing mine soon with a flat bottom wheel so I'll have more leg room.
The guys here are very helpful & friendly (most of the time), and if I can be of any help with stuff in OZ, give me a yell. wink.gif
Old 10-18-2004, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Official Tibathon 2005 Information

hey welcome buddy... nice ride

i see ur from Sydney, hopefully ill see u cruising one day
Old 10-18-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Exhaust?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gabby)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey welcome buddy... nice ride

i see ur from Sydney, hopefully ill see u cruising one day</div>

Thanks man.

Unfortunatly I'm not from Sydney though. Tamworth is an inland countryish city about 6 hours North of Sydney. laugh.gif
Old 10-18-2004, 01:27 PM

Very clean car and low milage too. I Always liked the siver tibs
Old 10-18-2004, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I personally like the seats.. I wish my stock seats looked that good... I also noticed that Hyundai also "mirror imaged" the entire centre console too, including where the handbrale comes up... except for the pedals and the gages.. you would think somebody had scanned the pics wrong..

question: What's the big "P" behind/attached to your number plate?</div>

eh, well I like the rd2 seats we have in the us much better... at first I didn't like the swirly thing but now I like them alot! laugh.gif

oooh, btw way I'm a computer tech too!! have my own business actually, been doing this stuff since I was a junior is high school...thats... about 4 years laugh.gif