Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

2008 Tiburon :(

Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,

By now I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but here are pics of the new 2008 Tiburon that debuted in Asia. 2008 Tiburon Pics -- Yuck

Ok, I love Hyundai, and my car. Granted Tiburons are nice quality cars with performance for the price. But this 2008 just is disappointing. Who the hell was in charge of styling? I was so hoping for something more radical, because I was wanting to buy the next gen Tiburon. (sigh). Looks like I will have to buy a 2007 and get a real nice body kit for it instead.

Personally, it looks like Hyundai is going back in time. This car looks similar to a Mercury Cougar in the front, and the RD1 style is not too far off. This is just shitty. Comparing to the rest of the industry, with the Eclipse, 350Z, RX8, I don't know how Hyundai will expect people to gauck over this new 2008 Tibby.

When the RD1 first came out, people thought that the styling crews at Hyundai were smoking crack, but it turned out to be a nice body style that still looks good today... because they kept true to their concept car. This new Tiburon gets NOTHING from the HCD-8 concept vehicle.

I guess we will have to wait until like 2012 for something "cooler" .

--Randy
Old 08-02-2006, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

honestly, i like the changes they did to it. although it was nothing like was rumored (the ALL NEW Tiburon), it's still not a bad change

i give it a thumbs up fing02.gif
Old 08-02-2006, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

This is only a face lift for 2007 and 2008...this is not off the HCD-8 concept. That by rumor is supposed to be out in 09....this face lift per The Hyundai rep at S3 is the last one for the GK model series. The front could use some work, but the rear looks the same pretty much.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 PM

Well, I suppose if you stare at it long enough you learn to like it smile.gif .

Anyways, here is another article that says the last year for the Tiburon will be 2008 anyways.. and it is due to retire in 2009, with the replacement of a rear-wheel-drive mystery sports car? So I guess this is Hyundai's last Hoorrrah for the Tibby.

Decide for yourself.... Retiring the Tiburon - Pics

--Randy
Old 08-02-2006, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I dont think it looks that bad..not a lot of curves on it but hell it works.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i feel the same way. they also copied the RX8 exhaust styling. wheels suck, lights are embarassing. the interior of the car isn't even in the SE styling! it hasn't changed one bit. i think exactly the same thing. what happened to the muscle? the shark factor? the cool california beach car appeal? a lot of people thought the tiburon looked like a ferrari or porsche. i still do not understand why people would dismiss it. it's clearly a nice design and not more of the same. that's why i loved it so much is because they finally came out with a car ahead of its time, ahead of hondas and toyotas. now it seems like hyundai is lagging behind.

whatever this is their last strike. if they corrupt the 2009/10 version I'll buy my audi. didn't they have test audiences or something? why on earth would they come out with a crap design. everyone all over every forum is saying the same thing.

merging threads.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Guys, there's allready a big thread on these pics. Closed.