Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

2 UK Coupes

Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: F2 Evolution
Default 2 UK Coupes

I have the Gen1, owned for nearly 2 years, been played with a bit, the work has been done on a budget, usually by myself, or with help from my dad (plenty of engine working experience, so helped alot with cams and pulleys), the Gen3 has been owned for 2 months, still pretty stock, but big plans.

Gen1-
engine-OBX 4-2-1 header, SRI with homemage cold air feed/heatshield, sportscat, 2.5" cat-back, twin 3" tailpipes, 1.8 (F2 Evo) cams, OBX crank pulley.
Wheels are OEM Hyundai ones that were a manufacturers upgrade on later gen1s, basicly a 15" copy of the F2 Evo wheel.
Also lowered 30mm, F2 Evo rear wing, painted bonnet, Gen2 seats (look the same but don't hurt my back as much), later run Gen1 front hubs (swapped captive rotors for non-captive), m3 mirrors, side vinyl, and painted interior.
Future plans- got a spare engine to play with, headwork and possibly big bore, then fit. Dupleman hearests, flocked rear wing, sunroof, mirrors, and ATH front lip.

Gen3-
Painted engine bay, homemade centre hubs (look odd at the mo-but once painted and vinyled will look right)
Plans- CAI, respray F2 Blue (the light one on earlier F2s-not the later F2 Evo blue), deamber and vinyls.

this a photoshop of how the Gen3 will look after respray.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Nice Coupes. smile.gif

Seems like 3 out of 4 Tibs here are blue. At least yours will be a unique blue.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:49 PM

Pretty unique worldwide, only some F2s had that colour, approx 1400 built, UK only, 3 colours available, so approx 450-500 only in the world this colour, and age wise they're 12-13 years old, a lot are gone, so at an estimate it'll be 1 of approx 200-250 Coupes, and the only Gen3.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

^That color is sweet!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i've been looking at your meets! it's about time you came here and said hello. i like what you've done, i think it's really unique and the color choice is good. i really love the wing too.

i think the ATH front lip will look good. i've seen it in person. it looks best when it's molded in, or else there will be gaps.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 AM

The ATH kits part of a longer term plan to dub-style it, VWs are so popular in western europe they've created their own style, black plastic lips at the front (ath painted black fit that plan perfect) and black plastic arch extensions, with small deep dish wheels. The wheels can be got from germany, as Hyundai Germany started fitting them as it was the style over there (on the Vws), and they wanted to try and boost sales, as Germans don't take to well to non-German brands, desapite Asian cars bering quicker for half the price the Germans still prefer to pay silly money for thewir own stuff. they even got this special edition with 2 tone interior, F2 Evo spec engine and sharkwing as standard, http://www.hyundaicoupe.info/models/index....u=m_models_1996

As for coming over to the US, was in Hollywood for a couple days stopover before going to New Zealand, amazed by the attitude to cars in LA, nothing was older than 5 years old, everything was new, can't believe how many Gen1s still on here.