Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

~finally. Pisc Of The Box Finished~

Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the box is 40 inch's wide. so if i aimed the ports to the side, they would fire into a fender, and the FQ would be ruined. and these subs are not designed for a sealed box, so using one would not be a good idea. believe me, this design is more then good enough for what it will do. if there was a better set up, i would have done it, i have no doubt in my mind this box design will straight up shake the block
Old 11-22-2006, 05:28 AM

^^ Damn right yo!

DrivingNakedTib.. Why do you want us to hate on you. You cant hate on this setup in anyway. You have nothing even close to this setup or have had anything like that. He has more money spent on his BATTERIES than you have in your whole setup. That box was a long time in the making..

I bet you have your powerwire running with your rca's..
Old 11-22-2006, 07:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Relax pile... it's not that big a deal. A box isn't that hard to make either... I made the first sub box I ever used: a seale dual 12" enclosure.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pile_of_rd1 @ Nov 22 2006, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He has more money spent on his BATTERIES than you have in your whole setup.</div>

i am so tired of people thinking batteries are like the focal point of systems.

they are some lead plates surrounded by some acid. thats all. anything you gain in performance of a battery you will almost always lose with extra weight.

a single optima would be plenty sufficient on the battery side of things for what he has. you should probably get a cap as well. i owuld not do any of that without beefing up/getting a ho alternator. i'm guessing somewhere around 1500w RMS with the size of those amps?
Old 11-22-2006, 09:41 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pile_of_rd1 @ Nov 22 2006, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ Damn right yo!

DrivingNakedTib.. Why do you want us to hate on you. You cant hate on this setup in anyway. You have nothing even close to this setup or have had anything like that. He has more money spent on his BATTERIES than you have in your whole setup. That box was a long time in the making..

I bet you have your powerwire running with your rca's..</div> Doubtful he has $1700 in batteries man.

I wasn't hating on anything. I was suggesting maybe a better porting method. Usually you don't want the ports facing the same direction as the speaker because the air U's back in on itself instead of directing towards other parts of the car.

I'm absoloutely sure it will be loud and shake the heck out of the car with the size of those speakers and the weight of the box, but the direction of air travel should always be directed away from the cones.

And no, my power wire and remote runs on the passenger side of the car and all of my RCAs and signal wires run down the middle and the driver's side along with my TV and radio antennas. I AM a professional electronics tech man. A sterio install is pretty basic.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:43 PM

id really like to see how "im thinking batteries are like the focal point of systems" have you noticed the rest of the set up, and the fact i have a 170 amp alt for the car? and no, a single optima wouldnt be enough for me. why half ass this project ive worked on so long, i might as well buy some sony and audiobahn equipment.

and DTN. obviousely u have never competed in DB drags. "PROS" as u put it do indeed use the exact same front facing slot port design of box more then any other in DB compititions. its a tried and proven design. i would easily bet more then 60% of DB competitors use this design. now SPL comps are a different story. but there also after a whole different set up with different outcomes.

and ill help scott out even though he is talking more shit then needs be in my thread wink1.gif

remember that rattles kill DB's. so even if it did rattle, and pull the 153 db, that says alot about the fact it could easily pick up a decent 3-5 db's deadened correctly. sound deadening is very important to get a nice clean note out of your set up, and not miss the frequency you have tried so hard to achieve.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

welcome to another "A in tech ed class" member. i was a master with wood, but my CO2 car hit the ceiling.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Nov 22 2006, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>and DTN. obviousely u have never competed in DB drags. "PROS" as u put it do indeed use the exact same front facing slot port design of box more then any other in DB compititions. its a tried and proven design. i would easily bet more then 60% of DB competitors use this design. now SPL comps are a different story. but there also after a whole different set up with different outcomes.</div> You're right. But are you competing in DB drags? You have a setup for it.

btw... I have access to DB and SPL meters if anyone's in the area. We usually use them for checking hearing booths for noise and lower is better. I havn't had an opportunity to use them when higher is better. cool.gif
Old 11-23-2006, 09:19 AM

Can we get a mod to either clean this up or lock it please? It's idiotic.. Nice box BTW...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

already done. smile.gif