Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

*UPDATE 3/22* got in an accident last nite*pics*

Old 03-22-2005, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep silvertibbs is right, the impact at the time usually doesnt affect your body to your knowledge until you try and rest. Thats when your muscles start to ache and although your not claiming injury you should find out if your insurance will cover a trip to the E.R. for a quick checkup. I got x-rays and a few free meds because of a persistant headache which turned out to be just a mild concusion. Never hurts to double check your vitals.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Oh yeah, I forgot about the healthcare thing in the states. Do you have to pay to go to the emergency room?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would tell the adjustor that you got yourself checked out and see if they'll reimburse you for that.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:32 AM

Ouch, they did a good one on your car. Sorry about that.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

alright... got me an update:

my car has officially been declared TOTALED by my insurance company. They're gonna give me a call 2morrow to tell me how much the check is going to be.

When i bought the car from the chevy dealership (GMAC Financed), i purchased Gap Care. i just read it over, here are some highlights:

*if found a total loss by the primary insurance company, GMAC agrees to waive the difference between the outstanding balance of the Retail Installment Sale/Finance Agreement and the Actual Cash Value of the vehicle.

*The first $1000 of the Consumer's primary insurance deductible, if applicable, is also waived under this GAP waiver.

so, even if this accident is found as my fault... no deductible for me smile.gif This GAP coverage cost me $500. it was so worth it...

some of you may have heard me say that i paid too much for my car. i JUST called GMAC asking what my payoff was. as of today, it is $11,665.31. I think the 9.9% interest killed me!

I'm gonna assume the insurance company will give me MAYBE $6500 for my car. i'm not really sure. anyone have a clue? well, if it wasn't for GAP, i would still owe $6000 or so on the damn thing, which would hurt my chances of getting a new(er) vehicle.

GAP kicks ass

i'm doin some online car shopping right now... i will never leave this site since i have so much power! haha. i love being a boss

i'm lookin into another Hyundai though. maybe scion. i just don't know yet

but yea, my tiburon is hereby DECEASED. this is my first (and only) OFFICIAL warning. if i get ANY vultures asking for ANY of my aftermarket parts i'll warn you for not "reading the damn thread." if i don't buy another RD, then yes, i'll post a forsale post on the boards
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 PM

Damn, good deal! Pull out the fuel rail and injectors and sell them to me before they tow it away! wink1.gif
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 PM

well you know Spart... I was looking for a.... J/k!

Sorry you lost your Tib man, I hope you buy another though, you can pick up a good clean used RD for WAY less than you owed.. just ask Liz.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (a_gut)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn, good deal! Pull out the fuel rail and injectors and sell them to me before they tow it away! wink1.gif</div>
READ THE G'DAMN THREAD!!! arg. u're lucky i'm not warning you (this isn't my forum... but i do have the power to warn). lol ( joke.gif )

but really, since the car is being totaled, the ins company is seizing it. meaning only things i keep are aftermarket parts.

MAD... trust me, i am looking. i, however, do NOT want a car w/ more than 40,000 miles. i also need a stick. and need a moonroof. i'd prefer a 1st gen... but those type of requirements are hard to come by CLOSE to me. i've searched.

i do have a job now that will be rakin in the money. 50 hours minimum a week. so, things are lookin on the up and up
Old 03-23-2005, 07:33 PM

well.. IF you are keeping your car at all.. you could always transfer a lot of the parts, including the engine, to the new car...

And I would not worry about miliage until about 60k... time to start looking at eBay
Old 03-23-2005, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You need a moonroof? LOL. Scions are horrible, bleh. Scavenge around and find an 04 V6 Tibby. We won't hold it against ya. tongue.gif
Old 03-23-2005, 07:46 PM

well.. if you find one down this way (del, MD, Pa, and Nj) I am more than willing to go look at it for you. If you decided to come down and look in person, I would even be willing pick up up from the trainstation or something and take you to it, provided you give me more than a couple days notice and it was NOT on a saturday.