Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

*UPDATE 3/22* got in an accident last nite*pics*

Old 03-19-2005, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

this happened last nite. today would have been a beautiful day to drive around w/ the moonroof open... buuuuut, i couldn't do that

the airbags did not go off. (read the first post zoned!!) tongue.gif:

i don't know whats gonna happen w/ the insurance. i didn't get the other drivers information because i assumed the police officer was doing it. he wasn't workin today, so i can't talk to him. i'm gonna have to get a hold of him 2morrow. i know he wrote stuff down cuz i did give him my license and reg.

like i said, this could be a blessing in disguise, but i already miss the damn car 02.gif

it wasn't a head-on accident. it was sorta like a T. he sped into the parking lot as i was gettin ready to drive out. he slammed right through my front end...

and i was hit by a early 90s Mustang. crap box.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:45 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>... i'm alright. my neck hurts a little. luckily the airbags didn't go off, which is surprising as all hell this could be a blessing in disguise.</div>

Afraid not dood! Airbags in RD tibs just DONT go off! i'm suprised there was no recall or law suits! i had a 30mph HEAD on collison with a WAll (wall won :'( ) airbags didnt go off! that really sucks man sorry to hear!
Old 03-20-2005, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
That's not true, Iv'e seen several in the junkyards with them having gone off, and several other cases on the forums.

The thing is, our cars are low, and a LOT of our impacts seem to happen at hood level. No airbag sensors up there.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:03 PM

eh, mine didnt go off until after the car stopped.

But damn dude your luck is as bad as mine. Did you put the door on?

Depending on how much insurance gives you, you might wanna just buy another tib. They're gonna total it.

The reason I say to get a new on is because looking at the pictures, you're gonna need a new hood, bumper, bumper support, and looks like probably a radiator support. I cant see under the hood too much so I cant tell if you need a new radiator. Well anyway if the frame is bent at all, after they straigten it, the integrity of the car will be lessened. And you've already had one accident. The car's not as solid as it was before the accidents, you know what I mean? I mean you could definetly fix this one up no problem, it just might be easier to start fresh. At least thats what Ive found with my experience.

Anyway good luck to you.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^^
That's not true, Iv'e seen several in the junkyards with them having gone off, and several other cases on the forums.

The thing is, our cars are low, and a LOT of our impacts seem to happen at hood level. No airbag sensors up there.</div>

LOL Redz, I dont know how they do things in ABQ, but its state law to 'detonate' the airbags before a totaled car goes into a yard (especially a u-pull-it) around here. That might explain why you see soo many airbags deployed lmao.gif

I forget what exactally the sensors are supposed to be set at, but I beleive anything over a 10-15mph hit should deploy the airbags. The sensors are attached to the frame... it shouldnt matter if its hit high or low... they should activate all the same.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 PM

there's no real under-hood damage... as far as i know. i haven't even popped the hood yet. and i never did put that replacement door on. you, liz, know as well as i do that the weather in NE has SUCKED this winter. haha. i've had no opportunity.

i'm honestly hopin the car gets totaled. i can get another one for much cheaper. maybe first gen... i've been lookin online all over the place... i can't find any near me with less than 50k miles, in damn nice condition, and a stick. i'm hoping i'm home when an insurance adjuster stops by. they said they'd be here Wednesday between 8-4. i'm workin til 3. (YEA, thats right... finally got me a job!!) i have GAP coverage, so maybe that would help them want to total it? i dunno

only time will tell
Old 03-21-2005, 07:33 PM

Take a bat to the radiator, make the damage a little worse, LOL.

Just make sure that if you are there when the adjuster comes, that if you are complaining of neck painor anything that you dont move around too much. Are you thinking about filing a lawsuit or anything? Just because they will be observing you when the adjuster comes..and if you say your neck is injured but you move around normally then they're gonna call BS if you try to claim medical bills or anything.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:38 PM

I'd think having gap coverage would discourage your insurance from totalling it, because they'd have to pay more.

Have you gone to the doctor yet? I'd get checked out asap, even if you're only a little stiff. Then, I'd sue the bastard that hit you wink1.gif
Old 03-21-2005, 08:01 PM

GAP coverage was bought through the dealership i bought the car at. it has nothing to do w/ my auto insurance.

i'm not claiming injury. i think i slept poorly and woke up all achey
Old 03-22-2005, 06:31 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

It's natural too to be sore and that after an accident. I know when I wrecked my first tib I was way sore and stiff in the shoulder/back/neck area for about a day and a half, then I was fine. Other then the occaisonal urge to kill something I'm okay. eek13.gif lol