Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

*Sneak Peak* Thortib's Custom Tails

Old 06-02-2004, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i compared it to a pic on SR's website and they look the same to me....i see the shark now (it's on the lower right?) but it looks like there's one on SR's site....I"M SO CONFUSED
Old 06-02-2004, 02:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>still see no shark. Get a bigger CLEAR picture and do it man. I see the regular RED LENS and a red crecent around it.</div>
my stocker tails have the cresent on them. and my stockers look like those tails
Old 06-02-2004, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Then your car came with aftermarket tails.

These are stock taillights folks...

STOCK LIGHTS>

Note, only in the outside shape do they look like the ones above, they sorta have to, to fit.

These are Euro Tails...

EURO TAIL LIGHTS.

Where the hell is a shark?
Old 06-02-2004, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

redz, those are stock tailights. up in one of his posts, he mentions that he uses cardboard for that circle part.

Old 06-02-2004, 03:53 PM

Well, he had a different picture up there last time guys, that's what it is. I just did a hard refresh of that page and see it now. He had the EURO tails up there before.

Obviously I'm not the only one that saw that.

That was the pic in his post till about 5 minutes ago for me.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: *Sneak Peak* Thortib's Custom Tails

I think there may be something wrong with the image linking lately on RDT... in my LED Tails post, Joe_the_Canadian's pic would sometimes be "a comparison between a civic and a transam" image, and other times when reloaded, would be the "designs for tails" image he intended.

We all know Redz wouldn't go into an image throwing fit if he wasn't positive he was right... and the image that I see is CLEARLY a stock tail with a cutout of a shark in front of it and a circle around the backup lights compartment of the tail. This would also explain why some can't see the shark. It's not hidden at all, in fact, it's the glowing-most thing in the pic.

maybe try and and right click the image and copy and paste the url of the pic into a new window...

As for the tails thortib? They look decent, not my style though. I'd have to agree and have the shark face the other direction though. I'm just not a big fan of decals on tails and headlights...
Old 06-02-2004, 03:57 PM

I do see it now mangs, it looks good, but not my deal.

I'd rather have a Crooked H back there or somethin.

I just wanna know, why does he have this pic on his Cardomain Site?

Old 06-02-2004, 05:06 PM

Ok I didn't mean to cause such an uproar

The shark is facing in because I figured when I get both the lights done it will look good having both facing in

The picture got screwed up because of cardomain having problems

I have that picture of the 03 tails because I used that picture to describe another thing I was going to try. I'll take it off now.

Phorq: You don't like decals of lights, but you do like giant ones on the back window??? Just playing mang
Old 06-02-2004, 05:18 PM

LOL

Owned.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:25 PM

ouch! wink.gif naw, I think I've just seen too many headlights and taillights with circles cut out to make them look like projectors or clear reflector tails... sorta ruined it for me all around.

I've also been a strong believer in never adding badges or insignias to cars of manufacturers or models names that aren't stock. Like the honduh guys with CIVIC written across the windshield and a big ol' honduh logo on the back windshield...
the shark seemed like it was getting close to that IMO.

I always wanted to drive a transfomer when I was a kid, so now I am... sorta... oh, and I'm still a big kid... wink.gif