USA - Southwest Southwest USA members here.

TIBATHON - Las Vegas - 6-9 July Hotels and such...

Old 06-20-2004, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys, I have some news - whether it is good or bad, I do not know.

There are 13 registered...but apparently there is A LOT more people going - they just decided not to register. They are all from the NT.com crowd.

This is good news because that means the turnout will be great and it will be quite the scene, so many tibs in vegas!

The bad news...and I dont know, I may be the only one that feels this way - but I find it a little rude of people to do that. I do not find it offensive or rude to me, I dont have a problem with it personaly. But as far as our sponsors are concerned, I think it is a little disrespectful of people to do that after the sponsors offered SO MUCH to make this meet happen. It wouldnt be the meet it is without Kspec and ADA. The sponsors offered A TON of stuff in the hopes that people would register so they could win the stuff in raffles and support the sponsors. But people are skipping out on that to save a few bucks and basicly being unappreciative of the sponsors.

Like I said though...it doesnt bother me or affect me in any way. I just dont like to see people doing that after all the sponsors have done. Know what I mean??
Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Its hyundai guys. Let me tell you something about the meets bro. 90% of all cars will be stock. People will sit around all day and speak about their new mods (ie chrome door handles)

No huge turnout will really happen, and buy huge I mean one of the last times we were all up in Vegas we watched 600 MR2s role by in every size shape and color. Its cool that this meet is getting all this talk, but thats just what most hyundai people do, talk, nothing more. I'm sure many will not go at the last minute, but I know a lot of people will be there.

Just keep in mind this is no car club, there are no crews rolling up, this is specifically an owners gathering. Its cool that there are sponsors and all, but really its still about hyundai, and I doubt its going to be the #1 huge turnout, mega event of the year.

Try not to become to emotionally involved with the Hyundai stuff man, it doesn't pay off.

I'll be there I'm sure, and it will be pretty fun I'm sure, but no matter the size keep in mind it will be a joke to the local car clubs in Vegas man, they got size.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:44 PM

One thing I really want to know is why all the GK people are all into the Tibathon and the RD guys are slacking. We are Tiburon people too!!! Less than 2 weeks to Tibathon and there is maybe 4 RD tibs going. From what I have read there are TONS of GK's going. By this time everyone should know if they are going or not. All the RD's need to start posting here on a confirmation and we need to start getting some information from each other. So if you are guaranteed to go, post your email. I feel email is the best way to communicate but we can also use this forum.

jseltenr@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-25-2004, 08:32 AM

The guys on NT.com are compiling a cell phone # list. They are doing it secretly so that not everyone on the forum sees it. Everyone is sending their # to one guy, and he is creating a list, then PMing that list to all who are going.

Just an idea.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I should be going guys, like I said. I need to see what the finances are first next week.

Someone buy my BIM off of me, I'll be there.

LOL

Unfortuantely, most of the RD's in Cali aren't going because it's during the week. On a weekend, sure. The count would be REALLY high on 4th of July weekend. Hopefully it'll be better next year.

Not to mention, most of the folks from RD seem to live on the East Coast in in Canada.

You could always go to HA.com and email all the folks with Tiburons. A LOT of people think that site actually went away when Random said it was going to.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:58 AM

Jay (BumHed from NT.com) is throwing some parties in his hotel room on the 6th and the 8th, and invites all of you to please come!

Please view this: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showpost....595&postcount=1

Also...it is NECESSARY that you give me your contact info if you want others to be able to get a hold of you and so you can get ahold of others. Its imparitive that everyone be able to contact each other so everyone can meet up and keep in touch.

The meet is going to be here before you know it, and I cannot stress enough how important it is that you view the "Tibathon Important Info" thread and post!!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:51 AM

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know...

PLEASE VISIT THE TIBATHON THREADS on NT.com!!!!

They are setting up everything and getting the final plans out.

They are currently planning on going to a shooting range one of the days, and a showgirls thing on one of the nights.

These three threads will be of interest:

Main Tibathon Thread
CLUB A GO GO
Baseball Game

All found under "general off-topic discussion".

It is too difficult to transfer info back in forth from site to site.

Id encourage you to even register to nt.com so you can post there.

For next year, I plan to have my own tibathon forum, so you will be able to there for info and posting, rather than information being scattered across several different boards.