USA - Southwest Southwest USA members here.

Extreme Autofest Las Vegas 1st Place!

Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, well, I've been on vacation for like the entire month of July and have just now gotten a chance to post up these pics and let you know that you'all missed a kickass time at the Extreme Autofest in Las Vegas that happened this July.

Well, other then the heat!!! Ouch!!! It was around 119 and pretty damn miserable until the sun went down. All kinds of cool things to see including a drifting competition, bass competition, drag racing, girls, girls, girls, oh yeah, and the car show. The only downside is the show lasted until 3:00 in the morning, and we were all ready to go home.

I managed to get a 1st place trophy for the best Hyundai of the show!!! Dont know how I pulled that out of my ass, cause there where some awsome Hyundai's there including REDZ's ride, a few GK's and a few Elantras. I think there might have been an Accent there as well! smile.gif Got to meet Tiburonmoo and his girl. Thanks for the ride man!!! Nothing like picking up drunken members off the strip and taking them home huh?!?

Enough talk, here are some pics from the show.

The next two picks include my latest mods to the car. A Shark wing I got off eBay for *cough* *cough* 75.00!! AND....I had my leather seats embroidered at a local shop here in town. I also "chromed" some interior trim using the Alclad chrome paint I did a DIY for. Just so you all know, the chrome is holding up very nicely in my ENGINE bay as well since the DIY I did a few months ago!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL, car looks clean man, but its crazy you took first with a near stock tib (exterior wise).

You can tell the judges arent really familiar with Tiburons as they most likely assumed you had a kit or something lol. Although i must say your engine bay does look really really clean, and the air-ram and other stuff in the engine bay makes it all shiny.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundia/Tiburon Fx

Nice Man!!! Congrat's!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Old 08-09-2006, 01:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

good job man congrats on the win
Old 08-09-2006, 04:18 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Aug 8 2006, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Although i must say your engine bay does look really really clean, and the air-ram and other stuff in the engine bay makes it all shiny.</div>

That looks like an AEM knockoff, to me. I think it's a CAI not a Air-Ram.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Wish I could have stuck around a bit more but the girly was pooped. BTW, there is an AIRRAM in Tibbytib's bay, but the shiny thing in the pic is the CAI and off the top of my head I think it might have been INJEN. I didn't mind driving you guys back to the room. REDZ has an odd idea of what being at the bar all night means though. lmao.gif REDZ is a real character and had me cracking up. I didn't see any other Hyundai's though so I'm sad that I missed those.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:44 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it looks good mang.

what do you mean about the bar all night?
Old 08-09-2006, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Aug 9 2006, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That looks like an AEM knockoff, to me. I think it's a CAI not a Air-Ram.</div>

It's a AEM knockoff, and he does have an airram.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Aug 9 2006, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't mind driving you guys back to the room. REDZ has an odd idea of what being at the bar all night means though. lmao.gif REDZ is a real character and had me cracking up.</div>

We appreciated the ride man. Tibbytib hates vodka, so I introduced him to Ketel One. Needless to say, he LOVES vodka now. LOL Patron` didn't quite do as well to get him to like Taquilla, but he's definately a bit more open minded to the alcohol. As for ALL NIGHT, consider that we were up until about 3 AM the night before, and got to that bar at what, 6 in the evening? LOL Wish you were there longer man, we had a blast.

Tibbytib went over and started picking up on these 2 hot chicks that were sitting alone cause I dared him to. He came over after a few minutes and said, "I couldn't understand a friggin word they said." Guess they were from Ireland. LOL Just had a good time, drank too much, smoked too many cloves, my cigar was awesome. Then we went and collected hooker cards on the street and tried to make some money passing them back out.

BTW, my wife still has those videos of us going off to Ice Ice Baby in the club. LMAO!

I still think the funniest part of the night was all 3 of us, drunk as hell, in Tibbytib's car, without any stereo, rocking out to the music on my SDA speakerphone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't see any other Hyundai's though so I'm sad that I missed those.</div>

That's what got us upset. The GK that won third, the chick was awesome and I talk to her all the time. Her car looked great, and she did the work herself. She should have had second. The accent that was there was TOP NOTCH. When me and Tibbytib walked by it, we both agreed that it should win first, Just TOP NOTCH all the way. Barely looked like an accent. He didn't even PLACE.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

REDZ- Dude, Ketel One is my FAVORITE drink at this time! That stuff is so smooth! About the chicks, what can I say, my international "game" must be off! Couln't be the fact that I was drunk off my ass! Post up that video man, thats some funny sheet!

Thanks for the comments folks! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Old 08-09-2006, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

tibbytib, i love your seats. that embroidery is awesome