USA - Southwest Southwest USA members here.

Eureka, CA July 16th/17th BE THERE!

Old 02-01-2005, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated
Default Eureka, CA July 16th/17th BE THERE!

Ok so here is what we have so far:

http://image.maps.yahoo.com/mapimag...LKIO0Yz4CNZNTY-

Eureka, California

We have confirmed 100+ cars from multiple forums across the web. Day 1 will be a meet and greet and Day 2 a car show / (Drag Race or Autocross Setup). A more complex itinerary will be posted as things come together.

It is being sponsored by:
#1 Hyper Auto Club
#2 NW Hyundai Enthusiasts Club
#3 Eureka Hyundai / Chevrolet Dealership
#4 FlyRydes (....Chris you beter be there)!!
#5 Platinum Detail
#6 Motel 6
#7 KOA Campground

With hopes for obviously this site to be one, ElantraXD.com, NewTiburon.com, and Import Tuner Magazine.

This location works best for the NW members and apears to be roughly an equal distance for all members on the West Coast to get involved.

We're not trying to steal from the Vegas Meet, since it is so well known. It is just that us NW members would like to be involved in a meet with some size.

^^Okay the Vegas meet is official Aug. 8th - Aug. 14th so these two are almost a month apart.
All Hyundai's welcome from anywhere on the West Coast including Canada!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:51 PM

Update: The drag race and autocross have both been confirmed and will be done free of charge to our members.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if military will allow me i'll be there
Old 02-09-2005, 11:18 PM

Just to keep people up to date. We recieved approval to book 45 rooms @ the Red Lion. Once that goes past they'll give me the info for the second hotel to book at. Thursday 2/10/05 I should be getting a phone call back letting us know about room rates. Once that is complete I'll give to ok to start booking.

As for the autocross / drag race there will be a small fee. We don't know for sure what price yet, so we'll update that also.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:50 PM

Ok everyone here are the first 50 room we can book in Eureka its at the Red Lion when you book say you are booking with the hyundai group and give them my name shari. if you have any problems ask for lowel or Brandon and they will help.

Red Lion
1-707-445-0844
69.00+tax double or single room
Old 03-05-2005, 10:55 AM

BUMP

Everyone on the West Coast that wants to come, please post here for information or to just say you're coming. I'd like to see all the Cali tibs in Eureka (especially since it is located in YOUR state), the NW crew will be there, Oregon tibs you too, and anyone in BC come on down (you too Quint).

We also have people coming from Nevada, NM, Colorado, Arizona, so anyone located here is welcome to organize a drive and meet everyone in Eureka as well.

The dates:
Be in Eureka, CA for the weekend (July 16/17). We will leave two days early to make the drive there from Seattle (everyone else from all over can plan their own way of arriving....caravan or just be a loner and drive out by yourself...smile.gif )

The Events:
so far we have two hotels to accomadate everyone (see above post). Call to reserve your room at the Red Lion.
There will be a car show with sponsors and media there.
A day at the track for racing.

and during the show the Hyundai dealership may raffle off a brand new 2005 GK. So bring someone with you to drive her back home for ya! wink1.gif Other items will be raffled as well.

So...whos' coming to represent RD?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:30 PM

group list
pumbaa
pumbaashari
matt1840
peters73
Drerob
hondahunter_666
1sickGS
Black(maybe)
Cookster(maybe)
Patreezy
Evoxd
sonicbridge
silverlining (but only half way)
Hotwheelz
carich52
colelketani
kato3tib
DemonFox
Gelicious
JPJR(maybe)
Roydjt(only half way)
Stauf
Megzon101
Old 03-14-2005, 12:42 PM

....the actual list is WAAAAY longer guys. Lots of tiburons going ot be there.

UPDATE: We have a confirmation from the Red Lion Hotel:

We have 50 rooms (located together) available for reservations.
When you call Red Lion:

1-707-445-0844

Say you are with the "Hyundai Auto Club Meet"
Those are the magic words to get you into the 50 rooms at the discounted price.
69.00+tax double or single room

Start reserving!!

The official location for the Meet N' Greet on Saturday July 16th is at the drag strip in Eureka.

Here's a big map:

Old 03-21-2005, 04:13 PM

We called the Red Lion to check the statis of the bookings. Sadly I have to write to everyone and say that there is currently no one booked! Currently Me and Shari are booked under the "Hyundai Auto Club Meet". Don't worry about having to put money down to book the room. Remember we have 49 rooms available. And with the list of people on multiple forums we should be able to book these slots now. If we don't start booking within the next 2 weeks we will loose the special price for the rooms @ $69 a room, then we'll have to pay full price. If circumstances change for anyone who has booked down the road there will not be a fee for canceling your reservation. So don't feel like you're tied into this. Please book now so we don't loose this special price.

-Timothy Zacher Tim@HyundaiPerformance.com
-Shari Czlapka SCzlapka@aol.com
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 AM

Bump!...Bump Bump!

who else is considering driving out to Eureka for this meet?
Any and everyone is welcome, fly or drive (better to drive since we'll be racing/car show).

Any So Cal people coming? How about Kat and the NorCal Tibs? how about all of Cal? lol

Post up if you have questions/suggestions/or just wanna say "put me down for a maybe"

Either way, if you're seriously considering this meet, read Pumbaa's post above and call the Red Lion Hotel. We gotta get those rooms filled with the people who said they were going. No obligation, just a reservation...

-Patrick