USA - Southwest Southwest USA members here.
View Poll Results: Big Hyundai Meet - Las Vegas !!
June 27 - July 3
33.33%
July 4 - July 10
33.33%
Aug 8 - Aug 14th
33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Big Hyundai Meet - Las Vegas !!

Old 01-10-2005, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

hey mang what are some of the plans for this thing while everyone is out there im just curious cause that is home for me... you can deffinately count on me bein there
Old 01-11-2005, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I would highly advise NOT making this happen on the first week of august. I think that's "Hot August Nights" in Vegas and hotels are booked liked CRAZY! If you do choose this week, people need to reserve hotels like...now! haha
I choose July 4th weekend, I voted (looks like only 6 people voted...??)
I was planning on going to that Cottage Fever thing in May (Toronto) but it may not work with school and all. This meet sounds way better (Vegas > Toronto) and a more realistic drive from Seattle. Post what the plans are for the meet, what are we going to be doing?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:05 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would highly advise NOT making this happen on the first week of august. I think that's "Hot August Nights" in Vegas and hotels are booked liked CRAZY! If you do choose this week, people need to reserve hotels like...now! haha
I choose July 4th weekend, I voted (looks like only 6 people voted...??)
I was planning on going to that Cottage Fever thing in May (Toronto) but it may not work with school and all. This meet sounds way better (Vegas > Toronto) and a more realistic drive from Seattle. Post what the plans are for the meet, what are we going to be doing?</div>If memory serves me right, Hot August Nights is in Reno, not Vegas...but I may be wrong about that....

As for events, once the dates are set, I'd also like to get some input from all who plan on going on things they'd like to do... Other than the obvious clubbing & getting bombed....
Old 01-13-2005, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What are we looking like right now for dates mang?

I really wanna go.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:36 PM

I heard from a friend about Hot August Nights and she goes to Vegas a lot...
she may be wrong tho, I'll have to look into it.

Yeah, what are the dates looking like,
as for events, I'm underage so when you guys are gettin plastered I'll be going on the Stratosphere and other crazy rides and shit. I say the more we all hang out together = the better. I've never been to Vegas so someone who has should suggest ideas for stuff we can ALL do. This is gonna kick ass!!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 PM

My first double post....ON PURPOSE!!
okay, i found out Hot August Nights is NOT in Vegas, it's in Reno so those dates are still good...what's with the poll...only 9 ppl voted??
I don't like the June27-July3rd date because then you'll be driving on a holiday...might as well stay for the 4th. So we should do it July 4th weekend...
The sooner we get a confirmation on the dates the better, I'm sure people will want to know so they can make reservations and request days off, etc.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^

Don't double post mang, that still only needed an edit. It's not that important.

You might wanna look at the calendar doode, the 4th is a Monday. So the 27th thru the 3rd, we'd prolly just stay thru the 4th.

We do need to finalize the date soon.

But here's some issues to think of.

1. June is gonna be hot.

2. July is gonna be hotter.

3. August is going to be REDICULOUSLY hot, I know I won't be outdoors much during that heat. Remember guys, this is LAS VEGAS, in the middle of the BIG DESSERT.

4. The federal holiday is the 4th Of July, which is a Monday, which means lots of folks will have a 3 day weekend or a 4 day weekend including Tuesday or Friday. 4th makes a LOGICAL choice.

5. Remember how many folks signed up for the BIG Las Vegas Meet last year the week after the 4th and look how many didn't show up.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:07 AM

I have all the polls open until the end of Jan.

This gives the people on all the boards time to get their input in on the dates...

Look for the final dates around the end of the 1st week in Feb...

As for the underage things to do, one of the guys who lives in Vegas is gonna do some work on ideas there....

For the most part, it's not THAT hot...lol

Last year we hung out by the pool at Luxor from about noon till like 2-3 & then figured out what was up for that night..

then again, last year the crowd was pretty small.. Hopefully this year will be alot bigger.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:07 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

as far as for the underage folks there is plenty to do as well as plenty the of age and under age can do together whilest the of age still get sloshed the heat durin early july shouldnt be to bad but as far as early august it will prob be out control