USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Nopi Nationals 2007..........

Old 08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

....FYI, I'm currently trying to get our schedule reworked. As of now, I'm due in Ft. Wayne, IN the week before and after (including the weekend between - NOPI Nats).

Updates to come...
Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've got leave aproved. buying hotel and tickets next week.

What hotel is everyone staying in?

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Bumpzorz! What hotel?</span>
Old 08-15-2007, 06:54 AM

I'm staying with some guy I've never met or talked to in his house with like as many people as we can cram in there.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:58 PM
DTN

I contacted NOPI admin to add RDTiburon.com as a car club. Be patient on that one.

I'm trying to decide if I should go for car show Elite custom, or standard car show entry. I wonder if there will be alot of tiburons in that catagory....

Standard Car Show
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>NOPI NATIONALS Traditional Car Show. Over 350 classes in 6 divisions. Here you will compete against very similar makes or types of vehicles. Judging is based on cleanliness, workmanship, theme, style and overall appearance. Many Classic and Restored classes have been added this year so older models will compete with other older models.

Being our 20th year, NOPI is proud to have had judges in the automotive industry that are professionals in their field which have no direct connection to NOPI, NOPI NATIONALS Sponsors or individuals compeating. We are proud of the job they have done in the past being accurate and unbiased in every way. Even though we have over 100 judges, due to the thousands of entries, time is critical, so judging must be done quickly in order to reduce the field so the potential winners can be verified.

Classes for your vehicle will show automatically based on your vehicle's year, make and model. Available parking will then be displayed based on the class you have chosed to compete in

1st, 2nd and 3rd place Awards in every class

Eligible for Best of Show Payout - $6000 (6-$1000 winners chosen from entire event)
Total cost to enter this event - $85 and includes 2 weekend passes if pre-registered by 8-25-2007</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ALL NEW area for the nations TOP CUSTOMIZED SHOW cars. If you want to compete with the Best of the Best, this event is for you. This section features premium paved parking in the central lot, special in-depth judging and elite awards. There are 30 custom and wild classes in the elite car show. This is NOT for stock, restored, or slightly customized vehicles. To compete in this event is totally optional but you can only enter your vehicle once. If you've entered the main car show, you cannot compete in the elite show.

All cars competing in the elite car show must park in the designated central lot or in a vendors booth. NO EXCEPTIONS. Space is limited for this event.

Classes for your vehicle will show automatically based on your vehicle's year, make and model. Available parking will then be displayed based on the class you have chosed to compete in

1st, 2nd and 3rd place ELITE Awards in every class

Eligible for Best of Show Payout - $6000 (6-$1000 winners chosen from entire event)

Total cost to enter this event - $110 and includes 2 weekend passes if pre-registered by 8-25-2007</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Street Allows minor bolt on upgrades but no full body kits or radical wings.
Custom Allows any bolt on accessories and upgrades, any bolt on body mods and shaved bodywork.
Wild All Show - Chopped, suicide doors, tilt fronts, and anything goes.</div>

Standard car show entry street, custom or wild = $85 and I'm pretty sure I can get a trophy again this year. Elite car show entry for Custom or wild = $110 and since It's a new class, I have no idea.

I qualify for Street or custom in either catagory. I think I have a chance at 1st for street class standard entry. Do you think I'd get pwned in Elite?\\
Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 PM

Yes.

Sorry bro. wink1.gif
Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM
DTN

^^ yeah, just noticed that they added body kits to custom.... I'll be entering in standard street then.

Kustomized, you'll be in wild. Dude, I'd say go for elite.

meh... If it is actually a judged event, I stand more of a chance then trying to get an award in the NOPI judging... I may just go for elite.

It says it's "special in-depth judging and elite awards" my car does <u>VERY</u> well with formal judging. Not so much on the "does it look cool" judging.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM

I'll definitley be in custom, not elite, I don't know how many 'elite' tiburons there are but i know if jack, regit, and ready2play entered, i'd be ownedx500
Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
DTN

Kustom: You can't do custom man... You have a wild car. It's got lambo doors and wild paint job.

My car will also have full carbon fiber viny interior by then. But if Those guys are entering, it wouldn't be a competition, they'd stomp me completely.... What catagories are they entering?

By my calculations.... 5 total classes for tiburons, 15 total awards. Because of the fuss we've raised at NOPI this year with the forums and their respect for "custom cars" I'd say we RDs have a good chance of taking more then 1/2 of the trophies.

I've talked to two nopi judges who were judging at another car show. From talking to them, they gave me the idea that they knew that RDs were harder to modify and gave me extra points.

That was the car show I lost because I sat in the grass and then sat in the car to turn on the lights before judging and ended up brushing grass everywhere in the interior. You can't win a car show with a dirty car. That's where I lost all of my points.

I just read through at the NOPI foums. The elite is for custom/wild class ASIAN cars. It gave me the option to register for that when I went to buy tickets. I guess I'll be in the standard car show

http://www.nopiforums.com/index.php?showtopic=3832

i still think you have a good chance in the elite mang!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

last I knew, door conversions put you in wild/elite.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 PM

Eh we'll see what happens, I might end up in the elite who knows, I havent really read up on how NOPI classifys cars. although I don't consider mine elite without turbo, air ride, or at least something rediculas.

So what all is considered asian... When I think of elite, I think of cars like jeff @ GB customs Scion TC, or his Grand am, not my car lol.