USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Lost Banner

Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

No worries. Problem solved.

DTN will have the cash tommorrow morning.

Treadmarks idea was a good one. Might i suggest that if it isnt used, find some way to lock it down?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ericy and I spent a few hours looking through garbage cans and checking the surrounding areas. It is possible it blew off.. But we had it secured pretty well. I immediately called Jeremey (REDZMAN) and let him know when I found out it was MIA.

Alli.s007 just Yahoo!'d me that she wants to buy an entire new banner.

I'm really glad that you guys aren't too mad at me. I was stressing about putting up a thread on this topic. I never thought something that 'personalized' would be fair game for passers by.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm glad DTN told everyone, as I'm a bit pissed.

DTN, you have a HORRIBLE habit of trusting everyone, too much. At Nopi LAST year, you left your car alone, for hours, with the doors open, a 30GB Video Ipod on the seat, and the engine RUNNING with the keys in it.

We tried to tell you then, when you leave, either get the shit put up, or make sure some one is watching it. If we hadn't been there watching your car last year, you'd probably have lost your car, but for SURE would have lost your Ipod and other stuff, as we had to "shoo" several folks away from your car during your absence, and plenty said "yo, that's a video ipod, steal that bish".

We even took your keys out andhid them from you to give you a scare.

Of all people, with all of th hard work YOU PUT INTO THE BANNER, I can't believe you left it out like that.

Fixing the situation is good, but be more careful man, the work you put into your car, and this countries safety, isn't worth losing over anything.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Like i said. No worries. Taken care of. He'll have the cash tommorrow morning.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, yeah, I've learned that car shows have a different caliber of people then the miltary does. Before NOPI last year, I had only been to car shows on Army bases. This year I made sure to secure everything that I thought would possibly get stolen that was more valuable then a ice chest full of soda and water at every car show I've attended.

But the banner was part of the show, the same as my poster. I didn't think that was something people would actually want.

We should all learn something. Banner Security is important at car shows. It is good to practice proper BS techniques. BS should be enforced at all car shows involving banners.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 PM

Yes. I agree. And there should be 2 cops on each end armed with nightsticks, handcuffs, a tazer, and mace in case someone even looks at it the wrong way.... nana.gif

naw man, its simple, have a lock that fits through the tie ring, and if it doesnt have a tie ring, park a car on the top corner of it....
Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

^ so true i have been in korea for so long and been around the mitlary i have the same habit i trust people to easy and many a times i have been f*** for that... but i know what your saying.. pm me wtih how much you need.. at least let me put something on it..
Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I guess it's no different over there than here. Seems like the slime of the county attend our shows.
I've entered a show once, and it's just too stressful, always watching over people as they hover over your car.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: car

Pics look great DTN. Might I suggest this? Lock the banner to the tow hooks you car, maybe on another rdt members car too, so that way it aint going anywhere.

Personal thanks to alli. You don't even own a tiburon, haven't been here that long, and are a solid supporter. Thank you! fing02.gif
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

even if it is secured well guys thieves will get what they want if it is left unattended. bicycle chains, rope, steel cable, won't help a bit when all it takes is a knife to cut the banner around the grommet.

the only way to keep your things...YOURS...is to run shifts between friends at major places of gathering people, simple as that.

shish....I never even saw a pic of the new banner,lol.