USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Local? Help Plan Tibathon!

Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am just looking for some people local to the Daytona Beach/Florida area that would be willing to help plan/coordinate some events.

If you would be able to offer a little bit of help to plan an event, or two, or however many you like, please let me know - it will be GREATLY appreciated!

The current list of possible events is below. If you see one that interests you and you'd like to plan, please do laugh.gif

>>>List of Attractions at or Near Daytona Beach<<<
Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse & Museum
Museum of Arts and Sciences, Root Hall Auditorium
Ocean Walk Village
This four-story, 110,000-square-foot shopping and entertainment complex includes two hotels, a state-of-the-art movie theater and Adventure Landing waterpark, and provides access to the area's only traffic-free beach.
Marine Science Center
Housed in a 5,300-square-foot facility, this uniquely designed marine science center features habitat dioramas and interactive adventures.
Halifax Historical Museum
Boardwalk Amusement Area
Enjoy old-fashioned beachfront fun: shops, arcades, amusements and a classic pier stretching a quarter mile into the ocean.
Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory
Retail candy shop that offers factory tours.
Haunts of Daytona
Tours of haunted places in Daytona.
Speed Zone
Check out the action at the Daytona International Speedway, then pop across the street to this thrill park that offers go-kart and speedster racing to try it for yourself.
Air Florida Helicopters
Sunny Daze & Starry Nites Cruises
Eco-cruises on the Halifax River and into its creeks and tributaries.
Tuscawilla Park
Regular park. Barbeque, etc?
Atlantic Race Park
Race hairpin turns in single or double go-karts. Park open daily 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Richard Petty Driving Experience
Experience Daytona Beach at 150 mph. Ride along or learn to dive yourself on Daytona International Speedway's 2.5-mile track. Packages include admission to DAYTONA USA.
Speed Park Motorsports
Three go-kart racetracks. Includes dragsters that go from 0-75 mph!
Canooing/Kayaking
Jet Skis
Beach
Swimming, volleyball, football, walking, relaxing - anything goes.

>>>Clubs<<<
600 North
Razzle's
River Deck
The Groove
Fuel Entertainment Complex
http://www.fueldaytona.com/fuel.html

And this is all only the tip of the iceberg. There are SO many things to do, and a ton of resteraunts (too many to list).

What we can do is begin narrowing down the ones people are interested in, and then plan each one individually.

People need to step in and help plan still. No one is going to plan this meet for everyone - it takes a group effort, I cannot stress that enough.

If you find any interesting events, please feel free to add them to this list!

>>>> Visit www.daytonabeach.com for a ton more! <<<<

Note to mods: Sorry for the extra thread - but I didn't want to double post, and I wanted to get this some attention and have discussion in a new thread so it might not get confused with other things.