USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Fort Jackson Boss Car Show Pix

Old 08-26-2007, 12:14 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

We had the Fort Jackson BOSS car show yesterday. Not a large turnout because it was planned at the last minute. Less then 1 month notification and details were still being planned 2 weeks prior.

I probly would have at least placed in this event if I had actualy had my seats done. I stayed up late the night before with my friend who was trying to finish my seats. We ended up getting 1 seat almost done, it still needs some "wadding" under the fabric to take up space. It was kinda disheartinging to put alot of time and effort into a project and not get it completed in time. Oh well, what are you going to do?

So I ended up putting my laptop in the place of the passenger seat and displaying OBD-II gauges and datalogging.

I would not have gone to this show, but I figured it's only 2 blocks from where I live, so I may as well go. It turned out to be a pretty good show. I won a BMW keychain from a raffle.

So enough talk, here's the pix

BTW... All pix were take on my RAZR V3 cameraphone.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

wow that's pretty quality from a cameraphone! yeah it doesn't look like a lot of people showed up but that's what happens at last minute. the classic mustang is nice, and the corvette is pretty nice. i've seen better lancers though, but it's still kind of cool.

your seats are great and must have taken lots of work! damn i don't know how you get your patience.

you need to find some models for your car.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM
DTN

^^ Thanks man! I know about the model thing, It adds a touch of class and makes the real car larger then life... I've been thinking about finding a supra or integra model car and using little tiny bits of bondo to make a RD2 model, then painting the whole thing blue, with a stripe and black out the windows.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

your seat covers are by far the best mod I like so far. sure, the leds give some pop, but I like it when someone takes something that is OEM and makes it better.

what did your covers end up costing to make? how long? might do the same thing instead of getting new seats.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:05 PM
DTN

^^ The seats are actually being reuphoulstered instead of just covered. I bought the Racey blue and classic black carbon fiber vinyl for about $230. I had Firehouse Productions do the logos for $30. My friend is doing the seamstress work. I don't really know how much time she has put into it, but it takes alot of time. I've helped where I can, but right now my hands are so messed up from work (2nd degree burns and cuts from working on medical washer/steralizers) I can't hold a needle, or it would be more complete.

I really appreciate the postive comments! I can't wait until this project is completed. Hopefully the seats will be done by NOPI.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

nice seats. fing02.gif fing02.gif they look good and im sure theyll look even better when theyre done. how the hell did you burn your hands?
Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 PM
DTN

^^ Thanks.

Washer/Steralizers have alot of tight spots. I had to perform a rebuild, as required by the manufacturer once per year. I replaced the internals of solenoids, filters, traps and all of that under the unit and around corners which had about 1 inch of clearance for my ratchet. It's alot like working on cars, but with hot steam lines all over the place. There were a few things that needed to be taken care of after the steam was turned back on early, and we couldn't wait 12 hours for the steam lines to cool back down so therefore I ended up sucking it up and burning the fuxor out of my hands. The cuts are just standard data when you work in tight areas with bolts that have been heat welded in place.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Aug 26 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you need to find some models for your car.</div>DTN i think he ment girls^^ laugh.gif

anyway the seats look badass, even tho i never got my prize mad.gif (redzman said he would get to it later this week, i might just have to remind him if he doesnt find this tongue.gif )

i bet u would have won if the seats were done and looking pretty fing02.gif
Old 08-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

^^^ muffin i was jsut thinking the same thing......... haha.gif duh
Old 08-26-2007, 08:07 PM
DTN

... yeah, silly me... I think my car is hotter then any model though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.