USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Crmm Car Show Pix No 56k

Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

lovin' the new taillights.

the silver camaro man... that's the best one, next to yours of course. strange how you ran into the first gen later and even got a parking spot next to it.

the stingray is pretty cool too.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:16 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Thanks, there's still a bit of work to do to make them perfectly flush. Those covers weren't made to be a replacement lens, just a cover for your existing lens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ May 11 2008, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>tailights improved +10quadzillion! fing02.gif

you ever get your rear seat done ? I've never seen pics of it.</div>
Thanks. The rear seats are not done yet. I'm still waiting on my buddy's wife to finish them. I am not pushing her because she's doing it for free.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ May 11 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ya but Adam is used to that...

And I like the tails man. A lot better than the blue I think.</div>

Heh... Thanks.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

those tail lights caught my eye. So much better, good job.

The fact that all of the blues seem to match is your biggest bonus.

I'd remove the logo on the passenger side air bag, that's the biggest thing I'd change. Looks good otherwise.

edit: your engine bay is spotless. That will always get you more points than anything.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:42 AM
DTN

Ok, I'll remove the RDTiburon logo.

Thanks for the rest of the compliments. I would like to get body kit like yours for my car. I think that would really set it off.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

+1 on your new tails they look WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better. hail.gif dare i even say they look sexy.

i was thinkin i took a vacation to Florida and literally drove right by your base, i should have e-mailed you so we could cruise for a bit.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

with as good you are with keeping your car clean and well taken care of, i would recommend you get a high quality body kit, or even invest in something clean, yet bold at the same time and one-off.

i would see your car getting ALOT more judge attention and show attention if it had some type of kit on it. as good as the VS kit does at making a tib a show car, its a little to flooded in the tib market (with all the shitty knockoff kit wearers) something like the MPS/cudaII gives the car a new look, yet retains most of the stock tib look at the same time.

a cuda II front (you could still use your HD lip) King or studie sides, and an MPS rear would really set your car off, me thinks.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
DTN

^^ I've considered a body kit quite a few times. I don't want to reduce the functionality of the car. I would like an ABS or urethane replacement bumper if I were to change it because I wouldn't want it to become Hondafied. That would cost alot of money. I'm not willing to spend that kind of cash to just change the look of my car. I like the way the stock bumper looks.

Car shows are fun. I like to keep my car clean, so it's natural to go to car shows.

If I could find a urethane VS kit, I'd probly buy it though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (optimoprime @ May 12 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>+1 on your new tails they look WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better. hail.gif dare i even say they look sexy.

i was thinkin i took a vacation to Florida and literally drove right by your base, i should have e-mailed you so we could cruise for a bit.</div>

You should have. I'm always down for a cruise. I've met quite a few members on vacations when driving from here to there.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

you could always to an ABS plastic transplant if your worried about the getting hondafied.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

eh, I don't think thats a "muscle car" show. Just a local show, usually refered to as show and shines. I saw a spitfire, some honda, tractor, I think thats a ferrari, antiques, etc. all definently not muscle cars.

anyways, does anyone actually still have dialup?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
DTN

When I say muscle car show, I should have said antique and muscle show. Other then one of the Triumphs (best import), the guy with the tractor(best tractor) and myself, all trophies were handed to muscle cars, most of which were antiques. It was a local car show. It was 95% antique and muscle. They do car shows differently over there on the other side of South Carolina. I don't think it takes much skill to keep a car around in a garrage for 40 years. Most of the cars there were pretty dirty too. I didn't see a single Donk, only one bubble, and the only other real tuner car I saw was a Honda with a supercharger and only a supercharger.

Local car shows here in Columbia, SC are mainly Donks and bubbles. The tuners, antiques, new stock, and muscle cars do not make much of a showing. But then again, when I say not much of a showing, they cumulatively consist of about 40% of the show here. Columbia has a much greater variety of cars at the local shows, and they are all clean. It takes me 8 hours to get my car to columbia standards.

Personally, I think variety makes a good car show. I would never drive a donk, especially like they do them here, with their favorite candy on the side of them, but I like to look at them. I like to see cars with crazy modification, wild interiors, exotic exteriors, slammed, raised, bagged, slanted, bumpin' music, fiberglassed, welded, reuphoulstered, with rims bigger then I can reach my arms around and so much shine that it blinds you to look directly at it.

Sure there were a few other cars there, but it was mainly an antique muscle show.