USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

2008 Nopi Car Show Schedule

Old 12-31-2007, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

March 15/16 (Phoenix area) Chandler, AZ - Firebird Raceway

March 29/30 - (Atlanta area) Commerce, GA - Atlanta Dragway

April 5/6 - (Miami area) West Palm Beach, FL - Moroso Motorsports Park

April 19/20 - (St Louis area) Madison, IL - Gateway Motorsports Park

April 26/27 - (Philadelphia area) Atco, NJ - Atco Raceway

May 3/4 - (New York City area) Englishtown, NJ - Old Bridge Township Raceway

May 17/18 - (Baltimore/DC area) Budds Creek, MD - Maryland International Raceway

May 31/June 1 (Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo area) Erie, PA - Lake Erie Speedway

June 28/29 - (Denver area) Morrison, CO - Bandimere Speedway

July 18/19 - (Salt Lake City area) West Valley City - UT Rocky Mountain Raceway

August 2/3 - (Boston area) Epping, NH - New England Dragway

August 9/10 - (Richmond area) Petersburgh, VA - Virginia Motorsports Park

August 23/24 - (New York City area) Englishtown, NJ - Old Bridge Township Raceway

September 20/21 - (Atlanta area) Hampton, GA - Atlanta Motor Speedway - NOPI NATIONALS

Personally, I will probably be at the Phoenix and Denver ones, but I may not go to any this year, after the wreck coming home last year from Denver.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:12 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey! Thanks for posting that. I'll definately be attending the Nationals. I'm looking at the Miami and Virginia shows.

When are you going to get your car back to perfect? What's the holdup man? You've got alot in that car.

Just noticed the Atlanta Dragway. I may have to go to that one too.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

SHAWEEEEEET!!!! If finances are good and the car is running strong, I should be at the AZ and Denver meets again this year.
o
People best represent this year tho! cool.gif fing02.gif drillsergeant.gif
Old 12-31-2007, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

new englad drag wa for me, hopefully my cars decent looking for it
Old 12-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

this totally sucks. They've removed Knoxville, TN from the show list. Nothing in Tennessee this year. drillsergeant.gif

they've had problems and moved the show 3 times. Originally was in Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg, then moved to Bristol, then to Knoxville. They got kicked out of Gatlinburg and Bristol, and Knoxville just wasn't a safe area.

Maybe I can get them to come to Nashville. We've got two good locations, one hosts a show annually that has over 1,000 entrants.

I need to get back on the NOPI forums and push for it.....

I should be going to Atlanta in September, assuming my wife and I are healthy. We need to go ahead and choose a hotel (I vote for Marriott owned and operated, I have tons of good experience with Marriott).
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 PM
DTN

^^ start the thread. I'll be right behind you.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:15 AM

Prolly nationals and IL for me. happy ew year!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Dec 31 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey! Thanks for posting that. I'll definately be attending the Nationals. I'm looking at the Miami and Virginia shows.

When are you going to get your car back to perfect? What's the holdup man? You've got alot in that car.

Just noticed the Atlanta Dragway. I may have to go to that one too.</div>

Same as last time I told ya.

1. I need a new front bumper, and a paint job. BigBoi was supposed to hookme up with his, but hasn't gotten a final price in 2 months.
2. I have to tow the car to the shows on a trailer, as my 15 year old son comes along and he can't sit in the back of the car for longer than an hour or 2.
3. I do NOT want to borrow my dad's trailer again. It's hard as hell to load my car on, and it's really heavy. I can't afford my own trailer yet.
4. I need to fix the towing harness and don't have the time right now.
5. I'm not going to the nationals again until we get our own class, just not worth it at all. 2600 Miles of driving, to be put up against shitty GK's, and have some POS RD win first place like the last time I went? Remember that RD1 that won first place? The driver was a moron, the work on the car was horrible, and it looked like shit. Even if we get our own class there, I still may not go, as towing my car 2600 miles is slow, and sucks ass as I do all of the driving when towing.

If I were NOT to tow the car...

1. I'd have to find something for my son to do, and someone to watch him for the 3 or 4 days we are gone.
2. I'd have to find something for our dogs to do, and someone to watch THEM for the 3 or 4 days we are gone.
3. I'd have to spend 8 more hours cleaning the car when it arrives if we drive only it.
4. If I drive the Kia and the Tib, I'd have no more #1 and #2 above, but I'd have 2 vehicles to clean when I get there, 2 times the gas to pay for (actually, about 1.75 times the gas to pay for, as the kia gets better milage on the freeway when not towing).

We may try driving both to Phoenix, if my car is done in time, but that will weigh on every other decision I make this year.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:36 PM
DTN

^^ If I were in your position, I'd take a combination of options #3 and #4. Drive both, then just enter the tib.

Then you could always hook up with some local detail shops to do the work on the car before the show while you chill in the hotel. I paid $400 to have my car cleaned professionally before the nationals 2 years ago... But that was from a dirty as hell state, including engine bay detailing, touch-up paint and steam cleaning. You could get around alot of the cost by getting to the show early and doing the detail work on site.

Plus you've got a 3 man crew!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Heh, my wife has won 2 awards for her Sorento, you think she's going to drive it 1/2 way across the country and NOT enter it?

That's now 3 folks, with 2 cars to clean 2600 miles of shit off of.

I've only got so much time I can take off, as a full time student, I can't miss classes.

Sorry, my life and family is more important right now, but later, when I can afford a new Sorento with a bigger engine, an nice lighter trailer, we will go to more shows.