USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

2008 Hyundai Car Show! Charleston, Sc

Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm thinking about heading down there to check it out, maybe spend a day at the beach. Mapquest says it's like a 5-6 hour drive from here, which isn't too bad, and it sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 03 Tiburon GT

It really will be a good show for us. There are actually more from Charleston that are coming as well. There are 3 definate tiburons that are in the area here that are coming that arent on the list and a accent. So the turnout is already good and still time for more to come. I would recommend not missing this one.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Spoke with Brian at the Hyundai Dealership yesterday and got some great news. Hyundai Corp. is actually getting involved a little. They are helping the dealership pay for everything which means 95sx coming there is going to be hopefully confirmed on Thursday. Brian also informed me that they will have 2 Genesis Sedans at the lot for the show! I actually called the head of car shows for Hyundai USA and spoke with him about getting the Genesis Coupe out there for display. He informed me that the only 3 in the USA are all in california at the moment so im not sure if they will be able to do that. But im trying to get it out there. He told me to speak with the Regional East coast Rep about getting it there. So who knows. Like I said before ill get the Hotel situations fiqured out by wensday.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:12 PM

So will DTN be showing up now that his car is wrecked?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:42 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I will be there with bells on and my car in show condition. It should be up and running after this weekend.

Can I make a suggestion? Try to get a low power 50W radio transmitter for the DJ/announcements. This way everyone can play their stereos AND hear the announcements. I've seen it at a few shows before.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 AM

**DTN ill make sure and cover that with the radio station.

Ok so the Hotel Accomadations for all of us have been arranged and im very happy with the outcome for us. The hotel is Ramada. Its located right beside the mall and the Interstate. Its only 2-5 minutes from the car show and 10 minutes from downtown. I took a tour of the hotel today and saw the rooms and they are very clean and nice. Mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms. They have a full bar and restuarant downstairs and a Indoor pool and Outdoor pool which has a nice outdoor deck area. Free full breakfast in the morning at the restaurant. Parking is safe for all of us as well. I got us a group rate and it doesnt matter how many actually come we will recieve this rate regardless. You can choose between a 2 double bed or 1 queen bed room. The rate is only $89. The group block to reserve rooms is under "Hyundai Car Show" so just let them know that and you will get the 89. You can call them at 843-572-2200. If you need the address it is 7401 Northwoods Blvd, Charleston, SC 29406.
Please let me know if you booking a room so I can get a head count. Any questions on this feel free to ask.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:49 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Rooms are booked for the day of or the day prior?

Old 06-17-2008, 03:28 PM

It is for Saturday night, day of the show but im almost positive that you can just reserve it for a night before as well or just the night before. Just let them know you need it for the friday night under the car show rate and if you have a problem let me know and ill make sure to get it aproved.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:53 PM

New update on List.

List of Definate Attendee's (KEEP EM COMING!)
1.) Irishshark (South Carolina)
2.) Erik (South Carolina)
3.) ScottieGTboy (South Carolina)
4.) mjr07tib (South Carolina)
5.) ShanksRacing (South Carolina)
6.) Projectib (North Carolina)
7.) Farewell_goodbye2u (North Carolina)
8.) 98tib (North Carolina)
9.) Smok3F0X (North Carolina)
10.) tibin-in-ricon (Georgia)
11.) Recaro03 (Georgia)
12.) Clemsonshark (South Carolina)
13.) DTN (South Carolina)
14.) Agreen (South Carolina)
15.) Coal_Forge (South Carolina)
16.) ThisSharkAttacks (Florida)
17.) Joshewuhh (Lousiana)

List of Possibles
1.) b1gb4ll3r (Florida)
2.) Silver Bullet ()
3.) Krodammi (Arizona) Yeah Arizona! Most likely coming has friend in area. But yeah ARIZONA!! Crazyness.
4.) msvq (Canada) Yup again! CANADA!!
5.) michuad_time (South Carolina)
6.) joelvaz27 ()
7.) 3DZero (Alabama)
8.) Sand (North Carolina)(has to get car running)
9.) Xclusive (Florida)
10.) CutiePatootayy (Florida)
11.) 03tibGT (Florida)
12.) 1badblacktib (Florida)
13.) Jonnyd (Florida)
14.) smileymattj (South Carolina)
15.) BlueShark (Florida)
16.) Speedy (Florida)
Old 06-23-2008, 06:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Definatly gonna be there. It's less than 10 minutes away from my apartment. Not competing though. My car isn't exactly competition material. Can't wait to see everyone there.