USA - Northwest USA - Northwest members here.

Kia/hyundai Meet In Washington State

Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Hi everyone,

Just got permission to expand this to the Hyundais in the area. It's a meet being organized by some local Kia owners. There will be trophies even, voted on by the participants. The trophies will be open for us Hyundais also.

What: Streetkiaz Meet and greet
When: Saturday November 14th at 11:00am
Where: Tumwater Falls Park

Trophies are for Exhibitionest, Motor Head, and Hear me Fear me!

Personally, I would like to have a large turnout for this. Who is interested? Are there active members from WA here on RDT? This is my first time posting an event here but I can post more as they come up if there are people in the area.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Argh, that's like next weekend! Damnit man, give us some notice!

LOL

I'm really wanting to go tour the west coast again next year.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

contact member: redturbulance

Actually, just mail him all the trophies you have and cancel the event.. cause his car will shut the entire show down.. smile.gif

and he's not active anymore but last I talked to him member: The_Alpha_Male still had his McDonald's RD2..

When I lived in Seattle, the Northwest Section on NT had some cool members who would always get together..
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Administrator

We're supplying 2 additional trophies, Best Hyundai and Best KIA.

Yeah, I am on the NW section of NT. Try to stay off the rest of the site. Lol.

There's a member around here with a sweet blue RD2 show car. Not positive what his user name is or how to get a hold of him though. He came to the last NT meet.

I'll send a PM to redturbulence. Thanks. smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Nov 5 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Argh, that's like next weekend! Damnit man, give us some notice!

LOL

I'm really wanting to go tour the west coast again next year.</div>
This isn't one of the larger meets we have, just figured locals who weren't too busy would be interested.

I'll post up bigger meets with more notice.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187sks @ Nov 5 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There's a member around here with a sweet blue RD2 show car. Not positive what his user name is or how to get a hold of him though. He came to the last NT meet.

I'll send a PM to redturbulence. Thanks. smile.gif</div>

Same guy. Just a heads up.

Do you guys still go down to Eureka, CA for the dragstrip on the island? I remember we planned that one year as a 'Big' Meet and I was the only fool that ended up going..
Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Yeah the blueish rd2 is mine...and i would love to come but my trailer queen fing02.gif is parked for the winter unless the weather is nice...I even put it on jackstands and took off the wheels...haha wow i have gone overboard...anyway...good luck with the meet and if i had more notice next time i would possibly be able to show up.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Nov 6 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Same guy. Just a heads up.

Do you guys still go down to Eureka, CA for the dragstrip on the island? I remember we planned that one year as a 'Big' Meet and I was the only fool that ended up going..</div>
That would suck. Anywhere in CA is a pretty long drive for me so if I went I wouldn't do any racing. A broken car 800 miles from home is no fun.

We've had a lot of autocross meets up here and we plan on having a meet at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA for some drag racing this summer. I'll try to post up anything we have going on.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM

A bunch of people from Oregon and CA still attended, but I was the only one from WA..

It's a badass little town right on the Pacific Coast. About a 10-12hr drive from Seattle. You take a bridge out to this little mile long island where there is a drag strip, wanna be beach, and some kind of power plant factory. It's kind of weird actually. But was worth the drive. Lots of fun places along the way..

Anyways, keep it real in the NW! (makin' me want to move back... )
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator

It was a good time, and considering the time of year a good turnout with 5 GK's, my LC2 Accent, and Yood's XD2 Elantra along with 6 Kia Rios and Spectra5's.

Managed to win the Motor Head trophy, and the wife won the Hear Me Fear Me trophy with her GK. Good times. smile.gif
Old 11-14-2009, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

I would of totally went to this if it was during the spring or summer...glad there was a good turnout