USA - Northwest USA - Northwest members here.

Hello Washitonians

Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.
Exclamation Hello Washitonians

Hello, i am newer to the Washington area and havent found a club or just some people that go for a cruise on saturdays or anything. I am just looking for some people to hang out with and talk car stuff in the Skagit or Seattle area. Would love to get something started like on a weekly basis if there are any people in the area wanting to meet up for such events.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There are a lot of general car clubs in the area which would welcome you, but to my knowledge the only Hyundai car club in the area is Team X-Culture (website is a work in progress). We don't exclude anyone that doesn't drive a Hyundai, but everyone in the club owns a Hyundai or at least owned one when they joined. We have members from the Olympia area up to the Marysville area. There are no dues, requirements, or benefits to membership other than having a fun group of like minded individuals to do things with. We meet fairly regularly but we don't have a set schedule. We do a lot of racing also.

If a highly structured weekly meeting sort of thing is what you're looking for we probably will frustrate you and you might be better served by joining someone else for your primary club. You would still be welcome to come to any of our events, none of them are members only. We also tend to meet in the south Puget Sound area because we have more active members in the Tacoma to Olympia area. If people have projects we'll often get together to help people out. We've done everything from brake jobs to engine swaps and at least one of us has probably done whatever it is that needs done.

We do share a monthly meet with the local Scion owners the first Friday of every month (this upcoming Friday) at the Capitol Christian Center located at 4443 Martin Way E, Olympia, WA if you're interested.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187sks @ Feb 27 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There are a lot of general car clubs in the area which would welcome you, but to my knowledge the only Hyundai car club in the area is Team X-Culture (website is a work in progress). We don't exclude anyone that doesn't drive a Hyundai, but everyone in the club owns a Hyundai or at least owned one when they joined. We have members from the Olympia area up to the Marysville area. There are no dues, requirements, or benefits to membership other than having a fun group of like minded individuals to do things with. We meet fairly regularly but we don't have a set schedule. We do a lot of racing also.

If a highly structured weekly meeting sort of thing is what you're looking for we probably will frustrate you and you might be better served by joining someone else for your primary club. You would still be welcome to come to any of our events, none of them are members only. We also tend to meet in the south Puget Sound area because we have more active members in the Tacoma to Olympia area. If people have projects we'll often get together to help people out. We've done everything from brake jobs to engine swaps and at least one of us has probably done whatever it is that needs done.

We do share a monthly meet with the local Scion owners the first Friday of every month (this upcoming Friday) at the Capitol Christian Center located at 4443 Martin Way E, Olympia, WA if you're interested.</div>

Thanks, that was just what i am looking for, and give me a couple weeks to finish my car, i will post pics and show you what is all done. Yet, this sounds like a good group of people.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Great. So I'm guessing you're either turbo or in the process of going turbo? If you need any help with that be sure to post it up. There are quite a few people on here with turbo experience, and a vendor that caters to turbo RD Tiburons called Turbosocks.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187sks @ Feb 27 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Great. So I'm guessing you're either turbo or in the process of going turbo? If you need any help with that be sure to post it up. There are quite a few people on here with turbo experience, and a vendor that caters to turbo RD Tiburons called Turbosocks.</div>

I am turbo, but was on a stock block running 14psi and now im going to be running a 5 degree head full port and polish, and it will be running the block at 8.5/1 compression and tunned at 18 psi with a garrett t3 70 trim. I do all my own fabrication, everything i have is all custom and hand in my garage. All i have left to do is put the head on and finish my manifold, which will be i think the first top mount for a rd tibby, and the down pipe.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Nice. Can't wait to see it. If you have pictures you should post some up. smile.gif
Old 02-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187sks @ Feb 27 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nice. Can't wait to see it. If you have pictures you should post some up. smile.gif</div> cool.gif Nice cool.gif
Old 02-27-2010, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Welcome!!! Its good to have yet another WA Hyundai owner!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

laugh.gif Ya!! isn't that cool laugh.gif
Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Tonight is the monthly meet. Starts at 6:00pm runs until probably 8:00pm because we go to dinner usually afterwards.

It'll be in the parking lot of the Capitol Christian Center between Brewery City Pizza and Red Lobster.
4443 Martin Way E
Olympia, WA

If anyone needs directions 36.05.80.81.17

Also, Sunday I will be at Sanderson Field in Shelton from 7:30am to around 11:30am for autox. Anyone interested can show up and say hi or run their car. $30 to register on site. I won't be able to stay for the afternoon session.